Black Pill Science
2018.03.26 08:35 SubsaharanAmerican Black Pill Science
A subreddit dedicated to understanding the realities of human social and sexual behavior.
2012.02.17 20:21 Garrulus Polyphony and medieval music
2013.09.08 01:22 Jirni ABCDesis
South Asian Americans- A place for members of the South Asian diaspora that includes people who descend from Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, and Nepal. We also welcome Desis who live in Australia, Britain, Canada, and other countries outside of the South Asian subcontinent.
2020.11.26 12:02 PokeBattle_Fan Sooo.... Has (Eromanga Sensei)'s english translation been canceled?
I bought the first 3 volumes on a local store. I went on Wikipedia to check when volume 4 would release, but not only it hasn't released yet, but it doesn't even have a release date yet (when most other manga I check usually have at least the next 1 or 2 volume's english release date.) And volume 3 is almost 5 months old at this point.
To make matters worse, I heard that the manga was flat-out banned in Australia... so does this mean that the only way I'Mll ever be able to read past volume 3 will be via unofficial translation websites? Is the (official) english translation has been canceled for the same reasons Australia banned it?
submitted by PokeBattle_Fan
to manga [link] [comments]
2020.11.26 12:00 IBiggumsI [Rewatch 2020] Season 2 Episode 02 - "The Big Brother I Trusted and Sent Off Can't Get This Addicted to a Mobile Dating Sim and Commit Sexual Harassment"
|Season 2 Episode 02 - "The Big Brother I Trusted and Sent Off Can't Get This Addicted to a Mobile Dating Sim and Commit Sexual Harassment" |
- Feeling frustrated that Kirino is ignoring her in favour of a popular mobile game called Love Touch that lets you exchange texts with virtual girls, Ayase asks Kyosuke to do something about it. After Kyosuke brings it up to Kirino, she gives him Love Touch to avoid being tempted by it, only for Kyosuke to end up becoming addicted himself. As Ayase becomes angered upon learning of this from Manami, Kyosuke attempts to explain how the game's heroine is similar to Ayase. He suggests imitating the heroine to better hold Kirino's interest, but this is soon met with violent backlash from Ayase when dubious phrases are brought up. After Ayase goes to Manami for advice, Kyosuke is shown the error of his ways when Ayase decides to imitate the game's yandere route in front of Kirino. Source
If you prefer a real time conversation, you can join our rewatch channel on Discord.
- Don't start any fights, everyone has their own opinion and this is what makes a rewatch fun.
- Leave memes etc. out of the discussion.
- No foreshadowing/hinting. Discussions are limited to everything that happened up until the most recent episode. If you really need to point something out, please make use of the spoiler tag, but avoid walls of text: Example:
>!Secret stuff!< = Secret stuff
- We encourage to post screenshots of your favourite scenes but avoid any ambiguous and questionable images.
- Don't post links to third party streaming sites.
submitted by IBiggumsI
to Oreimo [link] [comments]
2020.11.26 08:23 Significant-Notice- Best movies of 2020
I categorize them on the basis of when I watch them, so there is always some slippage at the beginning and the end of the year, all the more for foreign films, which can come to the U.S. as much as a year or two later than their original release dates. Of course this year was very different and there was hardly anything wonderful from Hollywood. Here is the list, as usual in the order I saw them: Monos
, Spanish-language, Lord of the Flies-type elements. The Guilty
, Danish police story, mainly talk, limited settings, really good. Just 6.5
, Iranian war on drugs movie, brutal at times, culturally fascinating. The Wedding Plan
, a few years older, a Rama Burshtein movie, imagine an Israeli woman setting out to get married by a particular date no matter what. Diana Kennedy: Nothing Fancy
. I think you need to have a preexisting connection to Mexico and Mexican food to enjoy it. I do. Graduation
), 2016 Romanian movie about trying to cheat on your kid’s exam. Excellent. An American Pickle
, Straussian. Tenet
, if only to see a blockbuster again. Cuties
, yes it was really good, even if sometimes uncomfortably exploitative in its treatment of the source material, namely dancing young teen girls. My Octopus Teacher
, god-awful sentimental and storified, but everyone loved it. The Two Faces of a Bamileke Woman
, set in Cameroon, about cross-cultural differences. Chez Jolie Coiffure
, set in a Brussels hair salon, women from Cameroon and DRC talk to each other, from the same director as Two Faces of a Bamileke Woman
, they make a nice set piece and are both quite short. The Wild Goose Lake
, set in Wuhan, a kind of Chinese noir, you have to already like Chinese cinema for this one.
Usually I put this list out later in the year, but what is the point of waiting?
The post Best movies of 2020
appeared first on Marginal REVOLUTION
submitted by Significant-Notice-
to marginal [link] [comments]
2020.11.26 07:13 scamperdo Reconciling the Takoma Park House with Red being the real Katarina
Reconciling the Takoma Park House with Redarina
In this post, I'll lay out how I reconciled the dialogue and events at 1.07's Takoma House scenes with the theory Red's true identity is the real Katarina Rostova, Dom's daughter.
Dom and Lena Raised Katarina In America
3.20 Artax Network episode introduced Dom, Katarina Rostova's father. We learned Dom, like many "grieving" parents, had saved his beloved daughter's childhood toys and momentos. As these items were clearly American, this served as our first clue Katarina Rostova was raised in America.
Over the following seasons it was revealed Dom was Oleander, a Russian KGB agent. Evidence suggests Dom operated undercover for a time in the USA, during which time he created a contingency plan which included the House in the Woods. By late 1990/early 1991 we heard Dom was residing in Moscow.
In S6, through Ressler's dogged investigation and Dom's Rassvet story, we finally were introduced to Katarina's mother, Lena. The evidence points to Lena residing in the USA in late 1990/early 1991. Ressler also found proof Lena remarried and remained in the USA until her death.
As there's no evidence or accusation Lena committed bigamy, one can deduce Dom and Lena divorced some time before the late 1990/early 1991.
We do not know the cause of their breakup. We only know Dom rarely mentioned his ex-wife while appeared obsessed over losing Katarina, his pride and joy.
Had Russian émigré Lena served as Dom's cover story during his early years spying on the USA for KGB? As Constantin provided Katarina with her cover story?
Since I personally don't believe Dom and Lena ever resided together at the House in the Woods, I looked for clues to any other
houses introduced that might fit their home. The Case For Takoma Park House Being Katarina's Childhood Home
Approximately 5 miles northwest from Washington, DC, lies the suburb of Takoma Park, Maryland.
"In the mid-to-late 1960s, the future Mayor and civil rights activist Sammie Abbott led a campaign to halt freeway construction and replace it with a Metrorail line to the site of the former train station, and worked with other neighborhood groups to halt plans for a wider system of freeways going into and out of DC.
This controversy also raised the profile of Takoma Park at a time in the late 1960s and 1970s when it was becoming noted regionally and nationally for political activism outside the Nation's capital, with newspaper commentators describing it as "The People's Republic of Takoma Park" or "The Berkeley of the East". This era of activism extended into the 1980s, when Takoma Park declared itself a Nuclear-free zone and a sanctuary for Salvadoran and Guatemalan refugees."
A hotbed of far left political activists and a city likely filled with many federal commuters, could have provided fertile ground for KGB infiltration. Red
: Strange. I remember it being bigger
. This is not an uncommon sentiment expressed by adults returning to their childhood home decades later. Luli
: I don’t understand. Of all the places Marigot, Doha, Florence, Seychelles why this place?
This line is critical in establishing that, unlike Dembe, Luli had not been trusted with all of Red's secrets. Red: I raised my family in this house.
This line has often been held up as irreconcilable
with the Redarina theory.
Yet that assertion does not allow for Red giving Luli a misleading answer with the intent to keep his true identity secret. I think that's a mistake because 7+ seasons has taught me the truthfulness of Red's statements about his past relies on whom he was speaking to.
I put this line in the same category as Red's bloody Christmas sob story told to Madeline Pratt, a woman he clearly distrusted and wanted to con.
When speaking alone to Dembe, Ilya and Dom, one can mostly trust Red's statements about his past. With everyone else, I put it in the needs corroboration pile.
Luli: It’s lovely.
Bubble Girl Red
then ripped a piece of paneling from the wall to find where a child’s height had been penciled. The marks look to have stopped at about 3.5 years old. I think the age holds the most important clue in this entire scene. Who was this child?
I eliminated Katarina as her Artax toys mostly dated older.
Dom claimed to have met and known little Masha. Katarina also appeared close and in touch with her mother. Katarina could have taken little Masha on visits to her parents who were still living together in the Takoma Park House from 1985-1989.
Red: No, it’s not, but it used to be.
Red looked out the window and had a vision of little girl in the yard blowing bubbles. Little Masha could have blown super-bubbles on a sunny day on her last visit to her grand-parents' home.
Dembe: Time to go.
Red: Did you prepare everything the way I asked?
Luli: This place must hold a lot of memories for you.
Red: I spend every day trying to forget what happened here. This should help.
Some have tied this line to the bloody Christmas story.
However, if Takoma Park was Red's childhood home, then these words take on a new meaning.
The one true statement I believe Fakerina made about her past was the bitter condemnation
of Dom sending her out at age 15 to seduce targets. After all, Dom admitted in Rassvet to pimping out his own daughter to seduce the real Reddington for intel, so he would have felt no compunction about grooming other young protégé
such as Fakerina.
From Rassvet flashback to Red's death row loving words about his mother, it appeared Katarina had a loving relationship with Lena, while a volatile and a complicated one with her spymaster father. Not all her young memories were made of "glitter and puppy dog tails." She was a difficult child Red recalled on death row.
And, perhaps, the reason Masha's height measurements abruptly ended at 3.5 years old was Lena and Dom's marriage exploded and fell apart that year. If Lena, like Kirk, had been clueless to her role as a cover story, she would have been devastated
when the truth came out and chosen to walk out on Dom. Lena did appear in Rassvet to understand her daughter was a spy while there's no evidence she herself was KGB or held any loyalty to the Soviets. Perhaps Katarina's last unhappy memory of her childhood home was her parents' breakup over secrets and lies.
To my recollection, Dom never discussed with Red Katarina's mother nor his marriage to Lena. Dom did not appear to harbor any personal bitterness about his ex-wife when speaking with Liz about her either.
After their marriage broke up, Dom could have packed up and moved his prized piano, some personal belongings and yes, Katarina and Masha's toys and drawings, to a house he secretly purchased as his contingency plan.
Dom then could have returned to Moscow or been recalled.
This theory would address the many questions of how Dom wound up with Katarina's toys and some of his Russian belongings after fleeing his flat in the dead of the night.
Did Red/Katarina blow up her childhood home because the home was built on secrets and falsehoods?
submitted by scamperdo
to TheBlackList [link] [comments]
2020.11.26 06:27 Hamad7804 so im reading on wikipedia about the kayis
so this is what it says
According to Ottoman tradition, Osman I
, the founder of Ottoman Empire
, was a descendent of the Kayı tribe. This claim has, however, been called into serious question by many modern historians. The only evidence for the Ottomans' Kayı descent came from genealogies written during the fifteenth century, more than a hundred years after the life of Osman. More significantly, the earliest genealogies written by the Ottomans did not include any reference to Kayı descent at all, indicating that it may have been fabricated at a later date
The division of the Kayı tribe happened after the death of the father of Ertuğrul
and when Ertuğrul's elder brothers, Gündoğdu Bey and Sungurtekin Bey, decided to migrate back to their homeland, Central Asia
, while Ertuğrul and his younger brother Dündar
wanted to migrate to Söğüt
so this makes no sense because its saying that osman had nothing to do with the kayis yet on the same page talks about ertugrul and the kayis and ertugrul as we all know is osmans father
submitted by Hamad7804
to ertugrul [link] [comments]
2020.11.26 04:56 Arrebios The Cap Economy on the East Coast
Recently, someone made a thread talking about a possible FAQ
. It reminded me of the fact that two of my posts on this subreddit (on synths
and power armor
) were made because I wanted something easy to point to when those topics came up. So, I want to do that again. Quick Disclaimer:
I do not use the Fallout Bible
as canon. Not that it changes much in this case, anyway. The East Coast's Use of the Bottle Cap
It's a topic that comes up often, with one recent thread focused on a possible explanation
for the East Coast's use of the bottle cap. I disagree with the premise in that thread and have written about it before, so might as well compile it all in one place.
Nuka Cola and the Bottle Cap Fallout 76
shows one of the earliest known instances (perhaps the
earliest) of the bottle cap currency. For those unfamiliar, the Whitespring Resort was partnered with the Nuka Cola Corporation for a special promotion
that saw caps used as legal tender. Staff Bulletin, October 2077
TO: All Staff FROM: J. Wilcox, General Manager CONFIDENTIAL - NOT FOR PUBLIC RELEASE
Several updates this month. * THE SPRINGHILL golf tournament has been canceled. * The Nuka-Cola Corporation will sponsor our first BUSINESS CLASS promotion. To celebrate the release of Nuka-Cola Quantum, Nuka-Cola bottle caps will be accepted as legal tender throughout the hotel. * The IRONCLAD SERVICE transition concludes this month. With limited exceptions, all non-management personnel should have received their termination notices. An Employee Farewell dinner will be held in Governor's Hall on 10/15 at 7:30pm. On behalf of the management team, I would like to thank you for your years of dedicated service to The Whitespring.
For completeness sake, it should be noted that robotic vendors accepting caps as money has happened before in canon. Hopeville and Ashton's military installations had automated commissaries
installed which accepted ration chits to dispense goods. The enterprising soldiers of said bases figured out they accepted bottlecaps too
Attention all base personnel:
The automated Commissary system has been locked down until further notice. It turns out that the "counterfeit-proof" pay chits we've been issuing to you are exactly the same size and shape as ordinary bottlecaps). Until we can correct the problem, you'll have to make your purchases the old-fashioned way.
However, there are no provided dates on those entries, so we can't determine which came first - the commissary trick or the Nuka Cola promotion. Likewise, this is more of a trick or glitch than any official use of the bottle cap as money.
Furthermore, we know that the survivors inside the Whitesprings Resort were still able to use bottle caps months after the Great War
USER LOG - 12/14/77
When the world goes to hell, you don't expect much good news. Well, today we got some: Paula's inventory. We're set. With so few people left on the property, we've got food enough to last years, maybe a decade. Other supplies, too: clothes, meds, spare parts, generators. Guns and ammo, if we need them. Probably better off than those Vaults.
Can't be too careful, though. That Nuka-Cola promotion is still going on, so I've arranged for the robots to bring me the caps they collect, and I'll dole them out to the guests so they can buy what they need. Makes for a nice little rationing system.
I was trying to find information on the adoption of the bottle cap by the Water Merchants of the Hub, but neither the bottle cap entry
nor the Hub entry
have any in-game or official dates and instead rely on the Fallout Bible.
Unless we assume that the Hub was established the exact
month of the Great War, this suggest that the East Coast
use of the bottle cap predates
the West Coast
Spread Outside the Resort
Here there is less definitive evidence. There are a few possible explanations for the use of bottle caps across Appalachia's robotic vendors:
- The Nuka Cola promotion was a statewide West Virginia event, not merely limited to the Whitespring.
- This might be practically possible for a rich company like Nuka Cola to implement, though I admit there is no other mention of the promotion in lore. You'd think there would be.
- A tech-savvy person from the Resort might have copied the programming and spread it out to the rest of Appalachia. Perhaps as a trade deal with someone on the outside or in preparation for their eventual abandonment of the Resort.
- Perhaps this happened multiple times. We know there is a Whitesprings "diaspora", where the guests at the Resort are kicked out due to the location's hardcoded remodeling program. The Resort residents head to various different locations.
- Perhaps Lew or another programmer copied the Nuka Cola promotional software as a sort of gift or tribute to any locations the Resort guests hoped to move into. For example, the group who headed to Charleston might have held a copy of the program to barter their admittance into the town, or to use it along the way at the various shops.
- If Charleston accepts and welcomes the refugees in return for the code, nothing stops Charleston from further spreading the code.
- The programming was independently discovered elsewhere and spread from there.
- The Enclave or MODUS helped the code spread for us as the "new currency" to pay agents with:
We'll be sure to have a disbursement of ... whatever it is being used for currency up there these days credited to your account.
Or a combination of all of the above.
All we know is that by the time the Resident enters Appalachia in 2102, the bottle cap is in widespread use.
What Backs the Appalachian Bottle Cap?
"Backed" can mean two things, both of which are important here.
When people often ask "What backs the East Coast cap?" they are often thinking about it in comparison to the West Coast cap, which is backed by water or gold (the wiki entry
only offers developer statements). In this sense, people are talking about caps as representative money
. We can see examples of this thinking here
, and here
To answer this question on its own grounds, nothing
backs the East Coast cap.
To answer this question in another, truer sense, social contract
and software programming
backs the East Coast cap.
It is fiat money
. In Appalachia, bottle caps have value because robots (software programming) says it does, and therefore people agree that caps are valuable (social contract). At the same time, since people agree that caps have value, robots can be convinced that caps have value (Skinner).
It is impossible to disentangle these two social backers for the eastern bottle cap. Even if you remove one, the other will guarantee its resurgence.
West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Maryland Disclaimer:
The wiki does not have a full listing of all Fallout 76: Wastelander
dialogue files, so some of these will require video evidence rather than quotations.
We know many of the original inhabitants of Appalachia fled during the Scourged Plague's height. The Raider faction from Wastelanders
, for example, is comprised of native Appalachians
The Raiders are no strangers to Appalachia. At one time they even called it home. After they caught wind that people were returning to the land they once claimed for themselves, the Raiders and their leader Meg decided to come back and put a stop to anyone who would dare snatch up their rightful territory.
In-game, Meg mentions being from Appalachia and leaving during the Plague
(5:36 to 7:12).
Basically, we know that not everyone died due to the Plague. Some survivors or perhaps smaller groups of survivors upped and left, only to return later. This is not unreasonable given the above in-game examples as well
as the real world distances between Fallout 76
There's a twelve hour hike between Harper's Ferry (Fallout 76) and Raven Rock (Fallout 3).
There's a 24 hour hike between Morgantown (Fallout 76) and Pittsburg (Fallout 3).
The proximity to these two locations suggests a causal link between the use of caps in Appalachia and them.
The Spread of Caps to the East Coast
- Appalachia is the first known adopter of the bottle cap.
- The Appalachian cap is fiat money, it's value upheld by social custom and robotic vendors.
- Appalachia's automated infrastructure is seemingly producing goods even past the war.
- Appalachia is in close proximity to two locations we know end up adopting the bottle cap as currency.
- People can move and travel between these locations.
- We know definitively that people do travel between these locations as of Wastelanders.
We can surmise that the use of caps spread from Appalachia to the Capital Wasteland and the Pitt.
- People who traded with Appalachia valued the cap because the Appalachians value the cap. This is all that is necessary for trade to function - an agreement on both parties that the currency being used has value.
- Refugees fleeing from Appalachia could no longer access the robot vendors. However, they still had the social contract agreeing to give caps value.
- The Pitt and Capital Wasteland still uses caps despite the (temporary) loss of the robotic vendors, because the immigrants from the area still give the cap value.
- No alternate or widespread backer for the cap emerges.
- This is important. Imagine if the Pitt, for example, suddenly declares that caps are now representative money, with each cap representing 1 kg of steel. Well, why would the Appalachian refugees or the Capital Wasteland agree to that? That would devalue their currency. Or imagine that the Capital Wasteland decides that each cap must represent 1 bottle of purified water. Well, why would the Appalachians or the Pitt agree to that? That would devalue their currency. What if the Appalachians suddenly said that each cap must represent 1 shard of ultracite? Why would the Capital Wasteland or the Pitt agree to that? That would devalue their currency.
Exactly when this process began is unknown. As it how long it took. What we do know is that, by 2103, the Blue Ridge Caravan Company
has entered the area, hoping for trade. It has seemingly retaken access to the Blue Ridge Parkway
, connecting several counties and states together
, and, according to Vinny
Since we're one of the few sources of outside cargo coming in, even the folks up in Crater give us a pass.
Since they take caps as payment, this means that the cap still functioned despite the temporary abandonment of Appalachia, away from its robotic backers.
Furthermore, if we buy into this theory, we have an easy way to explain the use of caps in the Commonwealth and it's related areas. Meg's wiki entry
mentions traveling to the Capital Wasteland and
the Commonwealth during Appalachia's abandonment:
We've traveled the Wasteland from the Commonwealth to DC. We take... whatever we want. And we want that vault. Who's going to stop us? You?
However, this reference is unverified, so take it with a grain of salt. This reference
, on the other hand, is verified:
You should have seen her back in her heyday! Why, we traveled up and down the coast, from the Commonwealth to the Broken Banks. Good times, but these days she's not fit to take out to the coast. Too many spouts ready to drown her, and too many critters looking for lunch.
Taken together, or even just alone, this suggests that there was a sufficiently flourishing trade between D.C. and the Commonwealth. This opens up a possible venue for fiat caps to spread to the Commonwealth (and Bar Harbor and Nuka World).
Coincidentally, if the Broken Banks is indeed a reference to the Outer Banks in North Carolina as its wiki entry suggests
, it should be pointed out that the Blue Ridge Parkway extends to North Carolina
The Parkway runs from Virginia all the way to Cherokee, North Carolina.
If the Blue Ridge Caravan Company's memo is real, then there is reason to believe there is both land and
sea trade between the Capital Wasteland and some unknown group in North Carolina.
Some Possible Objections
- Could the Capital Wasteland, the Pitt, and the Commonwealth have come up with caps on their own?
- Yes. However, there is (as of this writing on 25/11/2020) no evidence that suggests this.
- Could caps become backed by gold, as suggested by the Resident in Wastelanders with regards to the Secret Service Vault?
- Sure. However, there is (as of this writing on 25/11/2020) no evidence that suggests this.
- Arguably, turning caps into a commodity money would be useless at this point. Caps already have value. It doesn't need some backing material resources.
- Could the Brotherhood of Steel have imported the idea of a commodity backed cap to the East Coast?
- As I mentioned elsewhere, the BoS would somehow have to become a big enough economic player and gain enough influence on the Capital Wasteland, the Pitt, Appalachia, and the Commonwealth to introduce the idea of representative money.
- They would also have to convince all of these regions that their fiat caps are worthless now.
- They would also have to convince Appalachia to just stop using the robotic vendors.
- They would also have to not be convinced to adopt a fiat currency by everyone else.
- Could the East Coast cap become a representative currency after the events of Fallout 76?
- Sure. however, there is (as of this writing on 25/11/2020) no evidence that suggests this. Neither Fallout 3 or Fallout 4 suggest that bottle caps are representative money.
- Couldn't the cap have been introduced by a Jet Road?
- Only if we imagine that a Jet Road was established before the Bombs dropped and the Nuka Cola Corporation ran their promotion.
- Frankly, I put negative stock into the Jet Road theory.
Appalachia gave the East Coast the use of bottle caps. On the East Coast, bottle caps are fiat money, backed up by social agreement. Attempts to turn it into a commodity money have either failed or were never attempted in the first place.
I can't think of anything else to add, and I think I'm reaching the 1k word limit, so that'll be all. Feel free to add on or critique.
submitted by Arrebios
to falloutlore [link] [comments]
2020.11.26 04:30 NuclearHoax2 Working on an Earth history timeline based on saturnian cosmology.
Part 2: An Reconstructed Earth History Timeline we can all agree on
This is my reconstructed timeline of Earth History events. Depending on your source, some of these dates may be offset as much as +-100 years.
4220 BC - Age of Taurus begins, Gemini ends
Before any recorded age began, Saturn was a stable L-Type Brown Dwarf System
floating through our galaxy as a positively charged anode in a neutral galactic environment. As it entered our Positively charged Sun's
orbit, Saturn would become connected to the Sun's environment as a negatively charged cathode
and strong cathode jets would cause it to 'Light up'. It is speculated
that at this time Saturn's system became unstable and exploded created
the gas planets Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, and Venus.
4077 BC - Saturn joins the Sun's orbit and lights up. "Let there be Light".
Until this moment, Earth had been hiding like a seedling safely inside Saturn's nurturing "brown dwarf" system. Then, suddenly and lastingly, there was a catalystic light source that caused life to spring into action: Gn:1:3: And God (Saturn) said, Let there be light: and there was light.
In this time Saturn was called Kronos, the Timeless God, or the God before time. Without clocks, the positions of the planets and stars were the only way to tell time. Saturn's system was now orbiting our Sun and with this apparent motion, time began. Birkeland currents
coursed through the planets and forced them into a new co-linear configuration, connecting each planet from north to south pole, like an array of batteries. From anywhere on the northern hemisphere of the Earth, one could look northwards and see in order: Mars, Venus, (possibly Mercury and our Moon hidden behind Venus), Behind all of these was the gas giant Saturn. Behind Saturn was the gas giant Jupiter, which was not yet visible. Behind Jupiter, at a 26.7 degree angle, was our Sun. All together, they form an unmistakable Star and crescent
in the sky worshiped throughout the Persian, Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman Empires, and throughout Islam today. This new deity was known in Egypt as Osiris the Triform God, and as "The Trinity" in Babylonian and Abrahamic religion. This crescent was slowly rotating causing a separation between night and day: Gn:1:4: And God (Saturn) saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
In Norse mythology
, each heim ('house') in the configuration was named so: Niflheim (Realm of Myst / Saturn), Muspelheim (Realm of Fire / Uranus + Neptune + Nibiru / Peratt's Column), Helheim (Realm of the Dead / Underworld / Unknown location), Asgard (Atlantis/Earth's North Pole), Jotunheim (Realm of Giants / Unknown location), Vanaheim (Unknown location), Alfheim (Bright realm of Elves / Unknown location), Svartalfheim (Dark realm of Dwarves / Unknown location). The Norse also had a name for this powerful new "Bridge between Worlds": The Bifrost
Sometimes locations were personified; Mars was FenriFenris the Wolf and appeared as a spherical planet, while Venus was the Midgard Dragon / Serpent / Doomsday Comet
and appeared stretched out in may shapes and colors, none of which resembled a planet. It is during this time that Mars makes eight 'descents' to Earth creating the appearance of Osiris, the Triform God.
Southern Hemisphere Configuration
In 2003, Anthony L. Peratt described ancient testimony of 3 intense "plasmoids"
in the southern region of the world. The 3 "plasmoids" were the planets Uranus, Neptune, and Nibiru (9th Planet "X") forming the lower end of the conjunction. While authors like Jno Cook
suggest the 3 southern plasmoids of "Peratt's Column" lit up between 10,900 BC and 8347 BC, a more likely explanation would be that they lit up after
Saturn was connected to our Sun in 4077 BC, and not before. Snorre's Edda
"Still there was before a world to the south which was called Muspelheim. It is light and hot, and so bright and dazzling that no stranger, who is not a native there, can stand it"
This means darker-skinned humans came from the southern end of the Earth. Pretty cool, eh?
Also, visible on the Southern Hemisphere was "the Absu
", also called "The Abyss" in the Christian Bible. This 'seal' was the salt-water outer layer sheath of Saturn's remaining brown dwarf system and appeared to humans as obscuring equatorial rings in the southern sky.
The Golden Age
This period of stable co-linear configuration is remembered throughout the civilizations of the Earth. The Hindu Brahma, Yama, Vishnu, and Manu describe the age of the “Brilliant Yima“
. To the Chinese, it was the reign of “Yellow Emperor” Huang-ti
, founder of Taoism. In Northern Europe, “Peace of Frodi“
. In the Christian Bible, this 930 year period was the Garden of Eden
In The Myth of the Golden Age
1997, David Talbott describes Eden:
"The world was quite other than what it is today: the trees were forever in fruit; the animals lived in perfect harmony, and the little Agouti played fearlessly with the beard of the Jaguar"
A planet connected in series
to a larger body (Saturn) will alter it's axial tilt relative to the Galaxy As each planet was connected in series, their axial tilt would stay synchronized even as the entire system Orbited the Sun, but after the planets left the configuration, each would connect to the Sun's environment in parallel
and their axial tilts would be fixed indefinitely. This is the reason Earth, Mars, Saturn, and Neptune have matching axial tilts
within 3 degrees.
By the end of this 930 year period, each planet in the configuration had become a "fully charged" capacitor, unable to accept more charge. The configuration violently came to an end, and the age of cataclysm began...
During the Golden Age, there was an over-abundance of high-amplitude, low-voltage energy flowing through each planet in the configuration which Norse refers to as "The Bifrost". As the planets in this configuration did not spin, each North and South pole acted as a strong quantum entanglement between planets. Building pyramidal structures upon these locations enabled humans to travel instantaneously through the Bifrost.
3147 BC - The Golden Age Ends Violently, 240-day year.
Within a very short time, at least eight planets (including Earth) broke from the configuration and exited Saturn's protective plasma sheath 'seal', the Absu. This caused a world-wide "Flood of Gilgamesh" as Earth and the other planets passed through "brown dwarf" Saturn's remaining salt-water outer layer. As a result, Earth received its salty oceans from Saturn, which is why the Atlantic ocean is also called Sea of Kronos
. Today the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration cannot legitimately answer the question: "Why is the ocean salty, but rivers flowing into it are not?"
The planets, having left Saturn's orbit, violently compete with each-other for a place in a new orbit of Jupiter. Together, minus Saturn, the planets form an in-parallel non-linear
configuration that orbits the Sun in 240-day years for the next 800 years.
3067 BC - Earth, Venus, Mars and Mercury are at war.
Icelandic Epos present the battle of Mars and Venus as a fight between the wolf Fenris and the serpent Midgard. Mars again appeared as a hard sphere, but Venus appeared as a comet with long disheveled hair. Scandinavians recall the Ouroboros
or Weltumspanner, as it “Stretched-a-round-the-World” and bit it's own tail. Mars competes with Earth's orbit and is seen visiting Earth as Horus ten times over 300 years.
Jupiter and Saturn battled as well as they exchanged violent plasma discharges seen from Earth. This was the Cosmic Thunderbolt
. Jupiter apparently wins the fight, and Saturn recedes to it's final orbit in the outer solar system.
2860 BC - Eight Planets including Earth enter Jupiter's stable orbit.
Resolving the electric imbalances between the planets, Jupiter became king of the planets
in Ancient Roman religion
and reigned over a period of stability. Planet Jupiter was seen resting in the sky upon a huge mountain. This mountain was Jupiter's south pole plasma outpouring extended out into a massive coma tail. Above Jupiter were smaller horn-like extensions. This was the "Bull of Heaven".
During this time, it was again possible to exploit powerful natural Birkeland Currents coursing between the planets in Jupiter's orbit. Humans on each planet uncovered natural electromagnetic ley lines and built Pyramids upon those locations. With the help of slave-giants, humans built all pyramids in Egypt, Mesopotamia, England, China, and in South America Andes in less than 200 years. This "Artificial Bifrost" quantum entanglement facility made it once again possible for humans to travel between the planets. All pyramids are man-made StarGates built at locations of quantum entanglement between planets.
Unfortunately, this investment was in vain
. The quantum entanglements ended after a few centuries with the departure of the planets from Jupiter's inner orbit. By 2700 BC, the pyramids would no longer function.
2349 BC - Cataclysm with Venus, Jupiter's Three Day Resurrection, "Noah's Ark".
The period of Jupiter's stability ends with the gas giant vanishing below the Absu. The planets begin to compete once again for what would be their final orbits in the Solar System. Venus, leaving the stability of King Jupiter's orbit "laments" at the death of the King and lashes out at the Earth. The violent exchange with Venus parts the sea
forcing open the Absu (Saturn's remaining plasma sheath around the Earth) and "turned the sea red
", which bled across the sky for three days until only one ring remained.
As the Absu collapsed, the Earth was inundated with a Second Flood of epic proportions. The Christian Bible remembers this event as Noah's Ark, but the real subtext for this event was the wholesale slaughter of humanity
. All civilizations across Earth recall this destructive contact with the Raging Goddess, Dragon, or Comet. Venus was associated with Hathor, Sekhmet, and Anath in Egypt, Tiamat in Mesopotamian, Kali in Hinduism, and even Grendel from Beowulf.
Jupiter "Rises from the Dead".
The cataclysmic contact with Venus ends as Jupiter re-appears (from a cave) through the fading Absu. Jupiter, apparently risen from the dead after three days, once again appears upon it's mountain (or throne). This "resurrection" seemed to have the affect of calming the destructive rage of Venus. The newly independent
inner planets begin to form stronger electro-magnetic fields. Earth's new orbit results in a 260 day year and manages to capture our Moon, which becomes visible for the first time. With the Absu significantly reduced, stars were also visible in the southern hemisphere for the first time.
The intervention of Jupiter is celebrated around the world
as the "Day of the Dead" during the culmination of the newly-visible Pleiades. Jupiter's benevolent reign was a model of the 'Good King' that inspired human nations for ages to come. https://paradigmthreat.net/history
submitted by NuclearHoax2
to PastSaturnsRings [link] [comments]
2020.11.26 04:30 scottbeckman Current Era: 1994
submitted by scottbeckman
to thepast [link] [comments]
2020.11.26 02:58 sodomy 33 [M4F] OH/Anywhere - Dominant Chameleon ISO anything, anywhere.
I've come to the conclusion that you need to make an impression
with these sort of things, so I'm going to just let my words flow freely. So here we go
: 5'7 Weight
: 160, could stand to lose a few lbs to get my abs back. Eyes
: Brown eyes. Hair
: Long curly brown hair (think Slash Rose's illegitimate son.) Race:
Hispanic (Cuban). Languages:
English, and Spanish. Profession:
IT guru with over 10 years experience in Technology; primarily focusing on Networking, and Systems Administration. Religion:
A little about me
I like long walks on the beach, sunsets, oh did I mention that I'm a sadist, and that I'm utterly insane
I've been called a silver tongued devil; Quick witted, charismatic, with just the right amount of sarcasm. Hobbies:
Not being bored, it's a lot harder than it sounds. I enjoy learning/conversing about The Universe/space, science, and technology. I was quite nomadic in my 20s, having visited two different countries, lived in over 11 states, visited over 30. Music:
I'm more of a rhythm of the beat type of person vs. lyrics, but generally I've found myself to enjoy electronica. Definitely like a lot 80s synth pop, but again, this is just the preference, not really against the rest of the genres. Shows:
Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Board Walk Empire, Billions, Rome, Deadwood, Halt and Catch Fire, The Sopranos, South Park, Ozark, True Detective, Mad Men, Dexter, Better Call Saul, just to name a few. Movies:
Almost anything Marvel, Beetlejuice, Fight Club, Brain Scan, The Quick and the Dead, Death Proof, The Devil's Rejects, Dreamcatcher, Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, Falling Down, Blood Work, Slience of the Lambs. I'm going to stop there, I honestly have nearly 1,000 movies; I have a wide ranging taste.
Who, where, why, and how. "Where are you looking for this to occur?"
Online, long distance with the possibility of IRL, obviously the latter is preferred, but I'm not going to disregard online in favor of the "real world", if you never want to meet I'm fine with this, just don't waste my time, and I shall not waste yours. "What are you looking for?"
Well I can encompass a Master, a Dominant, or a Daddy, so it's really what can I provide for you
? "How is such a thing possible?" Antisocial Personality Disorder
for those interested.) "Why was it necessary to mention that?"
To give credence as to how I can, and have been all aspects of Dominance. "Monogamy or polyamory?"
Favoritism towards polyamory, but seeing as it's rare to find multiple partners that allow me to explore my more sadistic side without tension, and/or drama, I'd go with monogamy if the individual allowed me to be depraved. Preference
in the following order: Slave, submissive, little (I will explain further below.) Kinks
: Sadism, TPE, CNC, bondage, degradation, humiliation, knife play, rope play, rape/abduction play, choking, impact play, spanking, hair pulling (I think you get the idea by now, there are still far more, here's a more comprehensive list
: 12+ years.
So about that whole preference thing, as I am on the ASPD spectrum I'm capable of fulfilling whatever role(s) are required of me to get what I want. So let me explain further, I'm openly telling you far ahead of time that I lack emotions and empathy, with the hopes that me giving you the illusion of whatever it is you require, will be met with reciprocation of the kinks we can agree upon. This is where the waters get muddied for little's, I can definitely treat you like the princess you want to be, without all the douche-baggery you'll deal with as people tugging at your heart strings. Plenty of people around here pretend to be Daddies and will leave you absolutely heartbroken. Tired of games? Tired of bullshit? Well here's someone willing to give you all the care, attention, and affection you desire without any hassles. "Why would you want to be a Daddy Dom given your lack of emotions, and empathy?"
I am a social chameleon
. I've been perfecting my art for the majority of my life, I like the challenge. I like to learn people and, give them what they want with the idea that I get what I want in the end, it's called a social transaction. I know what respect is, and I believe I need to write a little about this. Once we've discussed clear limits, and terms, they shall not be crossed, it's counter productive for me to lose my play thing(s). I can be fiercely territorial of all my possessions, that includes the individual(s) I'm involved with, what is mine will be protected, whether you're a slave, a submissive, or a little.If you want someone to completely treat you like trash, I'm more than willingly to oblige, if you need a savior and a protector, well I can do that too. I'm able to encompass what is required; a means to an end. "What are you looking for in a submissive?"
I'd like it to extend outside of the bedroom, but if it doesn't, whatever, I'm not going to repeat myself, so hopefully you've read this in it's entirety. "What are you looking for in a slave?"
Mostly aesthetics, and objectification. Of course I'd expect loyalty, servitude, and there's a plethora more, but I don't feel I need to be too descriptive on this part. Now that I've written a fucking novel about myself, let's get to you.... Age
: I prefer them younger (18+) , but have dated women as old as 45; generally if I find you attractive, I won't care. Height
: the shorter the better, but I've dated women taller than myself, not a deal breaker. Weight
: I'd like someone on the smaller side, a few extra pounds will be acceptable, but no one overweight please, just not my thing. I will list things below in order of preference, not necessarily a disqualifier. (This is only opinion, not a rating system.) Race
: White, but as long as I'm attracted I won't care, I don't discriminate. Ethnicity:
N/A read above. Language(s):
The more the merrier, accents are a huge plus, whether a southern drawl, or other. Religion:
I'm completely open to allowing you to practice whatever you'd like, just don't expect me to participate; I can be respectful of your beliefs, as long as you're respectful of mine, I am a man of science, The Universe is my religion (so to speak.) Eyes
: Blue, green, hazel, brown (If you have Heterochromia iridum you move to the front of the line, I like mutations.) Hair
: The longer the better, no preference as to style, as for color: I prefer true
blondes, redheads, dirty blondes, and then brown. Tattoos
: Sure, whatever, as long as it's not overwhelming or flat out tacky, in this day in age it's harder to find someone with none, so as the trend follows above. Piercings
: Depends, some people can pull off septum piercings, but I personally dislike them, so if it compliments your facial features, sure why not. But there is definitely a breaking point where it becomes overwhelming and you just look like Hellraiser. Education
: Strong preference towards educated women, this does not necessarily mean academics, open to all. Profession
: No preference, but I do tend to like women in psychology (I have my reasons.) Personality
: If I have to learn "your" pronouns, or apologize for my "white male privilege" you can fuck right off
; I don't care about politics
: Strong preference in favor of not having them, unless we never intend to meet, or you don't expect a level of commitment from me to them, then I don't readily care, non-factor. To explain a tad bit, it isn't that I can't, I just would rather not raise children, I have too many plans in life that children would derail, maybe later.
If you're interested in communicating further, I prefer talking on these platforms and in this order: Discord, WhatsApp, Reddit Chat\, Skype, Kik,
* open to other forms of contact. \
Reddit Chat isn't the same thing as their mailing system, just an FYI.*
Go ahead and shoot me a message, I'm waiting
submitted by sodomy
to r4r [link] [comments]
2020.11.26 01:23 SublimeNemesis [PC][PvE][NA][18+][Modded] The Nameless (Newly opened Nov 22, 2020)
[PC][PvE][NA][18+][Modded] The Nameless
• The server was opened on November 22nd for a fresh start.
• Future server wipes will not occur unless necessary for server stability, and will be announced in the Announcements channel on Discord in advance, if possible.
• ALL RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Any changes will be posted in the Announcements channel several days beforehand (if possible), and published in the Info channel.
Server Name: The Nameless Map:
Original Conan Exiles PvE vs PvP:
PvE map with PvP enabled for conflict resolution (if desired by all conflicted parties, with Moderator approval) Age Restrictions:
18+ Level Cap:
60. We don't feel the need to raise the level cap, as there are ways to gain more feats, and eventually quests will be added to allow a character to earn more attribute points. Questing:
Currently the server has a single active daily quest. Four more are in the works. Weekly quests and one-off quests/quest chains are also in the process of being written. Roleplay Type:
We are not ERP-centric. We have nothing against it if you wish to engage in NSFW RP. However, we do take a firm stance on ERP and consent. This is addressed below. Server Max Capacity:
10. Once we reach a point of having 9 people on consistently at any one time, server size will be increased. Don't worry! We keep a daily eye on server activity. Roleplay Style:
Roleplay is done via text. If specific members prefer to roleplay via voice, that is fine. However, server preference is for text. Application Requirement:
There is no dedicated application. Players must instead read the Rules and Info channels on our Discord, then post a character biography. Once that is done, ping a Moderator. Do not post the secret passphrase in the ping.
Upon biography approval, the Moderator will send you the server password. Peak Play Times:
As a Pacific based server, currently active game times are approximately between 11 AM through 11 PM Pacific. As we gain more players, active times may change, and peak times will be established.
Server settings: XP Rate:
1 Gathering Rate:
3 Day/Night Ratio:
• Day Cycle Speed: 0.5
• Day Time Speed: 0.3
• Night Time Speed: 0.3
• Dawn/Dusk Time Speed: 0.3 HungeThirst Settings:
• Player Active HungeThirst Multiplier: 0.3
• Player Idle HungeThirst Multiplier: 0.1 Drop Equipment on Death:
No Item Durability Multiplier:
Weapons, armor, and tools do not lose durability God Avatars Enabled:
No (possible change if server desires) Containers Ignore Ownership:
No The Purge Activated:
Yes (Some of the best thralls come from purges)
• Our focus is on the original Robert E. Howard books
. However, you may use any established official Conan lore (books, RPG, comics, movies, etc.) as long as you receive approval from a Moderator for your character ideas.
• A good webpage for figuring out which resources to draw from is the Conan Exiles Wiki, specifically the Robert E. Howard section: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan_the_Barbarian#Original_Robert_E._Howard_Conan_stories
• We have a single server-specific deity not associated with Robert E. Howard's Conan lore: Felicia
, Goddess of alchemical enhancements and farewells. "Bye, Felicia!"
Rules: Server Ruleset:
(There may be some additional information in the Rules channel in Discord, so please read that as well. The Rules channel will always have the most up-to-date rules for the server).
• If you join the server, you certify that you are 18 or over. Anyone found not to be 18 or over will be permanently banned.
We don't care if you have parental permission. No one under 18 is allowed for any reason.
• NSFW RP is fine AS LONG AS CONSENT IS GIVEN OOC
. OOC consent may be withdrawn at any time. Inform the other party OOC if you are withdrawing your consent. At any point where consent has not been given, or has been withdrawn, no means NO. Failure to comply with this rule will result in an immediate permanent ban.
• NonCon RP is fine AS LONG AS CONSENT IS GIVEN OOC.
OOC consent may be withdrawn at any time. Inform the other party OOC if you are withdrawing your consent. At any point where consent has not been given, or has been withdrawn, no means NO. Failure to comply with this rule will result in an immediate permanent ban.
• There is a three strikes policy on the following Rules. One warning, one 3 day long temporary ban, and a permanent ban.
• Read the Info channel on our Discord.
• No cheating. Don't do it.
• No political or religious discussion.
• Hate speech of any sort is not tolerated.
• Use common sense.
• Don't be a dick.
This is a PvE server. However, if individuals wish to settle conflicts via PvP, all individuals involved in the conflict must contact Moderators and receive approval, so that PvP may be turned on briefly. During the time PvP is enabled, ONLY those engaging in PvP conflict resolution may engage in PvP. Others found to be taking advantage of the temporary PvP will be disciplined.
• Your name must be roleplay appropriate to your race. If your name is not race-specific, please address why in your biography.
• You are an exile, starting from nothing. Your history may be whatever you want it to be (within reason, and as approved by the Moderators) as long as it fits within the Conan universe. You start on the server in the NOW as an exile rescued from crucifixion by the town of Haven.
• You may only have ONE religion. (This is partially lore, partially mechanics. Access to multiple altars gives unfair advantages.)
• We are aware there are a few instances of certain cultures worshipping multiple deities. As not all deities are available, and only one pair is currently available in the Exiled Lands, while you may RP as a Stygian worshipping both Set and Derketo, you may not actually take feats to worship both, and may only join a guild of those who worship your "main" deity. To do otherwise would be an unfair advantage over other players.
• You may not give away, sell, or trade items granted to you by worship to someone of another religion. Holy weapons, clothing, statues--unless the person you are trading with is of your religion, it's not allowed. Consumables are the exception--food, potions, arrows, etc., can be given or sold to others.
• We respect all genders both in and out of game. However, if your gender in game requires physical differences that are unlikely in the Conan universe, you must have a compelling reason in your biography for why the Moderators should allow your character as you have it planned. Example: A male to female transgender character is fine. However, estrogen injections and plastic surgery do not exist in Conan, so the likelihood of your character having huge badonkadonks is miniscule to impossible. Do you want huge badonkadonks? Figure out how it could happen via lore, and inform the Moderators of the how and why.
• The Exile Bracelet, in addition to allowing you to teleport to a few select places, also sterilizes all wearers. At a later date, there will be a quest implemented to allow you to bypass this portion of the enchantment. But for now, no pregnancies, no children.
• Perma-death is not required, nor expected. If you wish to do so because of roleplay or mechanics, that's your choice. Remember, no one
can pressure you into deleting or rerolling your character, should something happen in roleplay. You have complete control of your character at all times.
• Your character is required to have at least one flaw that will affect either your roleplay or gameplay. Flaws make for more interesting characters. If you choose to use one of the items listed in the Roleplay Addendum
, your flaw must be severe enough to affect both roleplay and gameplay, to ensure a relatively level playing field between all players.
• There are certain items available that make it possible to roleplay a lycanthrope or necromancer. However
, if you would like to play either of those archetypes, your character flaws must
be bad enough to offset the roleplay power you gain from said archetype. Keep in mind for a necromancer, the bracelet binds all of your powers except the ability to animate the dead (mechanically, a skin on a thrall you have obtained). A lycanthrope has no special strength or speed, simply the ability to change form.
• A perk does not give any true advantage in play. It is a skin that allows you to roleplay your character properly. On the other hand, the flaws must be something that affect both your roleplay and gameplay (Example: Jia Ling refusing to hunt animals she doesn't consider a challenge--Jia Ling cannot eat the insects she finds while harvesting, and will only eat "lesser" meat if it is prepared and presented to her by someone else).
• If you die, you will automatically drop 1/4 of the money currently on your person. To avoid losing large amounts of money, it is suggested that you turn your free thespian into a banker.
• You may have a combined total of 5 mounts/combat pets/bodyguards/entertainers (NPCs) per personal home. This number never changes.
• You may keep unused NPCs in the fridge to prevent them from decaying, so that you can switch out NPCs as you need to. Note that they must have completely empty inventories to be picked up, and their level will reset.
• Thralls in work tables are excluded from the NPC limits--you may have as many crafting thralls as you have work tables.
• Thespians do not count against your NPC total. If you'd like your base to look more lively, there is a Slavemaster vendor located in Haven, who sells thespians for 10 bronze. You may purchase as many as you can afford (subject to change if we find the thespians causing more lag than expected).
• /me (emotes), /shout, and /do are all disabled. It is suggested that you state your actions as if writing a book, and put your speech in quotation marks. With that said, roleplay in the method that is most comfortable for you. Example: Jia Ling stared at Arden for a long moment, frowning thoughtfully. "Why in the Gods' name would you think THAT?" she asked in confusion.
• No monopolizing contested areas (NPC camps, harvest spawns, etc. Sandstone and wood are exempt from the harvest spawn restriction, as they're fucking EVERYWHERE).
• Each player may only have one base at a time. Clans have different restrictions, which are addressed below.
• USE COMMON SENSE! If something doesn't make sense from a "real life" standpoint, why would you do it in game? Example: Don't build a base within line of sight of someone else's base. (This cuts down on lag.) Also do not build your base within line of sight of an NPC camp spawn. Even if it works with Conan Exiles mechanics, if it wouldn't work due to roleplay consequences, don't do it.
• To cut down on lag for everyone, base size is limited to 15x15, or 225 tiles
in whatever configuration you wish. If you need slightly more space, as long as you aren't going insane, it's fine. However, if you need more than just a little, contact a Moderator for approval.
• Base height is limited to 8, not including the foundation (pillars, not foundations!) level. If you need slightly more height (a small tower, a spire, a lookout post, etc., but not full floors!) contact a Moderator for approval.
• DO NOT USE FOUNDATIONS
unless you need to place a gate or other item that requires foundations to place properly. Wherever possible, please use pillars supporting ceiling tiles. Pillars can be placed directly on the ground without needing a foundation. 1-3 floor tiles between pillar supports will give you enough stability for most builds. Many foundations in one location causes a massive FPS drop, whereas the number of ceiling tiles, pillars, and walls needed to mimic a foundation does not.
• Clans of more than a single player are currently disabled, to prevent the snowballing effect of several individuals pooling resources in the early game. Clans of 2 or more will be enabled when the server reaches 7 dedicated players (Moderators count, so technically we're already over 3!). Rules for future clans are addressed in our Rules channel on the Discord.
Mod list in server order:
Pippi - User & Server Management https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880454836
Greater Camera Distance https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863041645
Improved Quality of Life https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1657730588
Hosav's UI Mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1797359985
Immersive Armor https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1966733568
Fairsoul Tool Durability Fix https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2239126950
Savage Steel https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1367404881
Savage Steel II https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1598693222
Better Thralls https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=931088249
Barbarian Barber https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2050780234
Akuba's Salon https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1938818750
Barbarian Surgeon https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2275573619
RA Character Customisation https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1542041983
Crafty Counters https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1696888680
Dudes Delightful Decorations https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1934607107
Fence Gates https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1672911637
Shadows of Skelos vol. 2 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1889798538
Shadows of Skelos - Extended https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1705201022
Wedge Stability Fix https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2239192417
Ravencrest Couriers https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2250037083
LBPR - Additonal Features https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1444947329
Less Building Placement Restrictions https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1369743238
Unlock Plus (with Pickup) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=877108545
Stacksize Plus https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1396310739
• Speak to Hippocrates the Healer to receive a starter kit. Explore the town to purchase weapons, tools, dye, etc.
• Gaius the Scribe in Haven will boost your character directly to 60 (cap) if you prefer to focus on building and roleplay, rather than the survival aspects of the game.
will set your home point.
returns you to your home point. DO NOT ABUSE THIS!
It has a 30 minute cooldown.
• /warp Haven
or /warp haven
will take you back to the town of Haven. DO NOT ABUSE THIS.
It has a 30 minute cooldown.
contains some useful (free!) items, including all emotes, an improved icebox, some ice, and a thespian. It is advised that you wait to claim the icebox/thespian kit until you have established a base location. Additionally, turning your thespian into a banker is a good idea, so that you can store your money without fear of losing any when you die.
• Periodically, new items may be added to /kit
. When that happens, the addition of a new kit will be announced in the Announcements channel.
• Seasonal quests/events are planned! Any seasonal quests will be announced at least a week in advance, with the start and ending dates and times clearly posted.
Our Moderators are active and responsive (between the hours of 9 AM and midnight--subject to change if we find we need a Moderator located outside of the Pacific region), and we'd love to have you join us. Have questions? Feel free to ask in our Discord! Please ping a Moderator in Discord. Do not Direct Message a Moderator, expecting a quick response
. Everyone has lives outside of Conan, and sometimes those lives take priority over the game. Pinging a Moderator on the Discord server will ensure that the first available Moderator will speak with you.
To join us, go to our Discord, read the Rules channel, then read the Info channel. Follow the instructions in the Info channel. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Chat channel! Questions or concerns?
Ping a Moderator in Discord, in The Nameless' server. https://discord.gg/kb7SPuN
submitted by SublimeNemesis
to ConanExilesServers [link] [comments]
2020.11.26 01:00 CamCruz CoronaHoax
Why would Richard Rothschild (yes, the banking cartel Rothschild) need a patent for Covid testing as early as 2015? https://patents.google.com/patent/US20200279585A1/en?oq=US20200279585
Then look up Klaus Schwab (World Economic Forum) and his book The Great Reset
, which was somehow published July 9, 2020, but his phrase 'Great Reset' actually dates to 2017
, which just so happens to be the first year that China
attended the WEF, incredibly incumbent president Xi Jinping
attending. Also check out Schwab's 2017 book from The Fourth Industrial Revolution
Then look up Bill Gates and Event 201. https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/
You can't make this stuff up.
And we just witnessed a conspiracy to defraud the United States of their nationalist president via election fraud, for which the evidence mounts daily.
Meanwhile we had BLM and ANTIFA sacking, looting and burning cities across the U.S., this as mainstream media turned a blind eye. Ever remember hearing in the news about a moving train being looted in Chicago
? That's something you'd remember, right? Many of those fires on the West Coast were intentionally
set by Leftists in ANTIFA's 100-day siege leading up to the election, and they killed 23 people, countless animals, and destroyed billions of dollars in property, this as mainstream media tried to tell us it was climate change.
We the people are in a fight for our very lives and liberty, all because Klaus and company are worried about the 4B people between China, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, of which about 3B people are living in squalor, AND these states are the biggest gross polluters of the planet. Meanwhile Klaus and his pals have plunged the world into chaos, ruined millions of lives, pushed people further into poverty, caused suicides, murders and divorces, and probably many abortions as people grappled with pregnancy under austerity and joblessness.
So, I say to you Klaus, Bill, Richard, and the others playing God, taking a little liberty to collectively speak for the people, FUCK OFF BACK TO YOUR 54,000 SQ.FT. MANSION.
Jason Cruz, founder or www.uncensored.tube
, a very concerned citizen of the world.
submitted by CamCruz
to conspiracy [link] [comments]
2020.11.25 19:23 April81967 Southern Tunisia: All Paved Roads or Need 4x4 / High Clearance Vehicle?
Does anyone know if there's a decent or reasonably up-to-date map of the road network in southern Tunisia? I'm planning on going down to the south around Tozeur and around Tataouine whenever the current restrictions are rescinded, and I'm wondering if it will be fine in a small Renault, or if we would actually need a 4x4 or high-clearance vehicle for any part of it. The Wiki page on the Tunisian road network says 14'000 of the 19'000 km of roads in Tunisia are paved (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_routes_de_la_Tunisie
) but the source it gives is just a link to the CIA Factbook so I can't tell for specific routes.
Has anyone been down there in the past few years? Will I blow a tire / destroy my undercarriage / get stuck in sand if I drive to Mides or Douiret or wherever without a 4x4?
It'd be awesome if some day they complete Google Street View for Tunisia. I couldn't find any YouTube videos that show the roads down there either, nothing like dashcam videos. It's like double the price to rent a 4x4.
Ideally I was hoping for something like this map of Namibia that shows all the paved roads, in red: https://www.expertafrica.com/images/maps2008/24afe7f1a53d4b50906abd05a2fd6b8a.jpg
or Iceland, which also shows paved vs unpaved roads: https://sadcars.com/media/3/roads-iceland-with-bad-gravel-roads.jpg
submitted by April81967
to Tunisia [link] [comments]
2020.11.25 18:57 deli_dog Is anyone into Peter Rollins / pyrotheology?
i was inspired by this thread
to bring up peter rollins and pyrotheology
, which haven't come up in this community to date (as far as i could tell).
peter rollins is a "radical theologian" with the now-usual podcast/youtube/patreon platforms. his work is an intriguing interpretation of christianity through hegelian, marxist, and lacanian lenses, connecting the dots of the theological concept of "salvation" to its psychoanalytic ("the cure") and political ("socialism") equivalents. similar to zizek (a major influence), with a deeper drill-down into christian theology.
rollins advocates for the development of "non-dogmatic collectives that embrace doubt, complexity and ambiguity, open themselves up to critique, and face up to the human experience of lack." it reminds me a lot of the cushvlog discussions on humanity's evolving intellectual and spiritual self-understanding.
has anyone checked this guy out? you might have also encountered one of his lectures
critiquing jordan peterson during the peak of the latter's popularity.
submitted by deli_dog
to AcidMarxism [link] [comments]
2020.11.25 18:15 ammodotcom Thanksgiving: The Forgotten History of America's Thanksgiving and What It Commemorates
| || | submitted by ammodotcom to thanksgiving [link] [comments]
is the oldest national holiday in the United States. However, it’s observation is not a continuous presence in American history. While the celebration of Thanksgiving predates even the founding of the nation, it was proclaimed by George Washington
, then ignored by Thomas Jefferson
. From then on, it was sporadically observed until Abraham Lincoln, who once again introduced a National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving to the United States.
Indeed, it was Lincoln who set the day as the last Thursday in November. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt
changed the day between 1939 and 1941, which was highly controversial. The days were called “Franksgiving
.” Roosevelt changed the date because retailers communicated to him through the Retail Dry Goods Association
and the Secretary of Commerce
, that the late date of Thanksgiving that year (the last day of November) might negatively impact retail sales. It was considered bad form to put up Christmas decorations or put on Christmas sales before Thanksgiving.
If only we still lived in such times.
In 1942, Congress set Thanksgiving as the fourth
Thursday of the month, and here it has stood since then.
The Early Days of Thanksgiving
Harvest feasts date back centuries, with the earliest “thanksgiving” celebrations in the New World dating to the 16th Century with the French
and the Spanish
. The Commonwealth of Virginia had regular celebrations of this type dating back to 1607. The first permanent settlement, Jamestown, Virginia
, had a thanksgiving celebration in the year of its founding, 1610.
Of course, anytime someone says “Thanksgiving,” one immediately thinks of the Pilgrims. “Thanksgiving” as we know it is generally dated back to when the Pilgrims first celebrated it in 1621. This was in response to a successful harvest, however, it was not the first of a consistent celebration. The Pilgrims celebrated this only sporadically.
No one is entirely sure when the Thanksgiving celebration took place. There was a three-day celebration following their harvest, sometime between September 21 and November 11, with the Feast of Michaelmas (September 29) being the most likely date. We do
, however, know that all 50 surviving Mayflower passengers were there, as well as 90 Native Americans
. The feast was cooked primarily by four women, all of whom were on the Mayflower. Two years later, in 1623, following another boat of colonists arriving, the first civil (not religious) Thanksgiving took place in July.
The Revolution to the Civil War
The day of national Thanksgiving jumped around until the founding of the nation. During the late Colonial period, the Continental Congress merely recommended the day be celebrated by the various colonies. Samuel Adams
drafted the first national proclamation, issued in 1777 – something to remember when you tip back one of his beers while watching the game. Revolutionary Commander General George Washington set the date in December of that year to celebrate early revolutionary victories.
In 1789, President George Washington would proclaim November 26, 1789, to be a National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving
. This day also provides the roots for America’s National Day of Prayer
. In 1795, Thanksgiving was celebrated, again by presidential proclamation, on February 19. President John Adams continued the tradition in 1798 and 1799. The tradition was undone by deist and skeptic President Thomas Jefferson. President James Madison
revived the tradition in 1814, but it remained sporadic until the Civil War. Many governors proclaimed celebrations statewide.
In November 1863, however, President Lincoln made the celebration national again. He was inspired by an editorial series written by “Mary Had a Little Lamb” author Sarah Josepha Hale
. Secretary of State William H. Seward wrote the proclamation. During this period, traditions were regional and some of the food is decidedly not what we would consider to be traditional Thanksgiving fare today (pigeon pie, for example).
Franksgiving is one of those things like the court-packing plan that made FDR’s opponents squeal with laughter. FDR’s moving of the date of Thanksgiving caused his opponent in the previous election, Alf Landon, to compare him to Hitler. James Frasier, chairman of the Plymouth, Massachusetts board of selectmen heartily disapproved of the change.
The change caused a number of problems, not least of all holiday travel plans. Football teams around the nation played before empty stadiums because they couldn’t change their schedule. Many games were cancelled. In what is a familiar scenario to anyone who has followed 21st-century politics, Democrats narrowly supported Franksgiving
(52 to 48), Republicans widely despised it (79 to 21) and most of America didn’t like it (62 to 38).
All told, 23 states and the District of Columbia recognized the new date, while 22 preferred the traditional date. The remaining three (Colorado, Texas and Mississippi) went with both
dates, meaning there was plenty of time off for everyone. In 1940, 32 states and the nation’s capital went with Franksgiving, while the remaining 16 opted for what was called “Republican Thanksgiving.”
A report from the Department of Commerce issued in 1941, found that there was no difference in retail sales due to the day of the month. Indeed, barely more than a third
of all retailers even observed Franksgiving. What’s more, only two out of every seven Thanksgivings would fall on a fifth Thursday rather than a fourth. Still, a joint resolution of Congress, signed into law by President Roosevelt, permanently moved the date to the fourth Thursday, where it has stood ever since. Most states concurred, and while revelry was on the back burner thanks to the war, Thanksgiving in its final form took root by 1945.
If you ever find yourself watching the Merrie Melodies
cartoon Holiday Highlights
, you’ll notice a reference to two different Thanksgivings – one for Republicans and one for Democrats – that will now make sense to you.
Texas was the last state to observe the traditional “last Thursday” Thanksgiving in 1956.
While it has its roots in European harvest festivals, there is perhaps no more quintessentially American holiday than Thanksgiving. Americans eat more food this day than they will any other day of the year, including the Fourth of July
and Christmas Day. Unsurprisingly, there are people who think that the celebration of Thanksgiving is shameful and should be abandoned.
Both liberal college professors and some Native American activists believe the traditional story of Thanksgiving has been whitewashed by conquerors. They believe in replacing the day with a National Day of Atonement and fasting. Other prominent Native Americans such as Tim Giago, who founded the Native American Journalists Organization, believe that the celebration of Thanksgiving is a synthesis of both European and Native American traditions
and is, as such, uniquely American.
The rest of us, however, will enjoy stuffing ourselves with turkey, slipping into a tryptophan coma, and waking up just in time to catch the big game or the parade. Real Americans, as it turns out, would much rather enjoy a day off than complain. Thanksgiving: The Forgotten History of America's Thanksgiving and What It Commemorates originally appeared in The Resistance Library at Ammo.com.
2020.11.25 17:59 mjallemand Specific sequence in specific game causing Xbox Series XS controller to disconnect every time?
Hey folks, quick tech support question for y'all. I built a new PC back in September and after the Xbox Series XS controller I pre-ordered arrived earlier this month I've been going through and purchasing titles to play.
I'm using the Xbox Series XS controller connected to my PC via bluetooth, and while it had some early issues with Steam it appears that a recently beta release may have smoothed that out.
Unfortunately, issues are still cropping up here and there. Namely I'm playing the 2009 reboot of Bionic Commando
) and having a major issue. There's a tutorial sequence
near the beginning of the game after you receive the titular Bionic arm where it teaches you how the swinging mechanic works in the game.
In-game I jump, press the left trigger to extend the arm and then hold the analog stick forward to give momentum to the character. In this moment, every time, the guide button on the controller blinks and the controller disconnects, with the game locking up and telling me to reconnect the controller.
I initially thought this was a bluetooth issue itself, but I've gone through the whole procedure. I made sure the controller firmware was updated, my bluetooth drivers were up to date, windows update was up to date, Steam was up to date and I even updated the BIOS on my motherboard for good measure but no matter what this happens again and again without fail.
I haven't had a whole lot of time to put into other games since this occurrence last night but a few other games I tried with that same combination of buttons and stick directionals don't seem to show any issue whatsoever.
Between the controller not currently working with iOS/tvOS and other ongoing issues I'm seriously considering returning it for a Xbox One controller instead, but everything I'm reading points to the new controller having a better built quality overall including a better D-Pad, so I'm hesitating to do so.
submitted by mjallemand
to Steam [link] [comments]
2020.11.25 17:28 DarthSatoris Reading New Testament For The First Time #7: Magic God Othinus
Hey it’s me again. Miss me? I bet you haven’t. Last time I wrote one of these the sub had only 11,500 subscribers, and look where we are today: over 17,500! That’s 6000 new faces that probably have never seen any of these before. And wow, think about how the sub has exploded over the years. When I first joined the sub, it was sitting at less than 3000 subs
, and that was back in November 2018, about the time where Index III started airing. Lots of new faces, but hopefully also many familiar ones as well.
Anyway, I’m getting off track, so let me get back to the meat and potatoes of this post: Magic God Othinus.
|Volume ||Arc ||Page count ||Publication date |
|NT8 ||Magic God Othinus ||240 ||September 10th, 2013 |
The Story So, the story begins on some ship wreckage, where we learn that Ollerus has successfully infiltrated GREMLIN, and shortly after it transitions into the UN building of all places where the US president, the Russian archbishop, the queen of England and the freakin’ pope hold a meeting about the fate of the world - seriously, where does Kamachi come up with this stuff? Anyway, they talk about the looming danger of Othinus finishing the magical item Gungnir, which can turn Othinus’ one flaw (always being at a 50/50 chance of success and failure) into complete irrelevancy, and thus they need to act fast. They set in motion a giant worldwide search to look for GREMLIN’s base of operations (the aforementioned ship wreckage).
On the other side of the world, poor Touma is once again in a dilemma with a bunch of girls who have somehow become part of his ever-increasing entourage, this time some of them (Lessar and Birdway) decided to sleep in the same bathtub as him. The usual hi-jinks ensue, and Touma once again ends up with bite marks on his head courtesy of his gluttonous roommate. After a quick briefing, Touma is brought up to speed, and they head toward the Academy City airport to send Touma in as a trump card in case something should go wrong. And here… honestly, I don’t know why Kamachi feels the need to do this, but the fanservice does become really tiresome. Here the girls decide to shop for swimsuits, and of course Lessar being Lessar, she absolutely has to tempt fate with the most ridiculous kinds of swimsuits. Touma isn’t having any of it, so he diffuses her advances, much to the bemusement of Lessar, and the utter misunderstanding of the other girls…
And of course everything goes wrong with locating the ship wreckage as they’re fooled by a decoy, but they do manage to locate the real ship wreckage which happens to be… right outside Tokyo. So Touma and the girls head out in the hyperspeed plane, only to be stopped by a GREMLIN contraption. GREMLIN decided it would be a good idea to turn Tokyo into the world’s largest gridlock and send Norse mythology monsters after anyone who traveled at speeds greater than that of a narcoleptic turtle. Touma and the girls are separated, but all of them decide to head for the harbor, and so further shenanigans ensue.
And from this point and until a handful of pages before the story ends, it’s mostly just Touma and Mikoto and Index’s fight against one of GREMLIN’s members, a new character by the name Freyja. And while it is a fairly long fight, it does turn out to be quite interesting, or at least the character of Freyja does. A pregnant woman being controlled by the fetus inside, not really something you see every day… The fight takes place on a moving subway train that occasionally peaks outside, so they’re moving toward the harbor, while they fight, which is very convenient if you ask me.
They manage to defeat her, and meet up with the others, and so the last stretch is taken by boat. As they approach the island of ship wrecks, Ollerus makes his move and attacks Othinus with a powerful spell, but the attack fails, and Othinus retaliates. However, Ollerus new best friend Fiamma of the Right comes in from the side and hits her perfectly, but it seems like Othinus didn’t care either way. Because the spell would still ensure that her flaw (50/50 chance of success/failure) would turn into a 100% chance for either direction, which she could use to ensure the perfect outcome either way, by deliberately failing at failing, thus becoming successful.
The story ends on probably one of the biggest cliffhangers in all of Toaru, by Othinus quite literally “destroying the world” in a flash with a staff she pulled out from her vacant eye socket, and then the pages run out. Spoooky.
- Freyja: The twist came as a bit of a surprise to me, as did it to many others I would think. Even if you know your Norse mythology, you probably wouldn’t have guessed that it was the fetus that was Freyja, and the mother was just an unnamed entity it wanted to protect. So kudos to Kamachi for creating a very unconventional villain. Although I cannot credit him with coming up with the idea first, as Dr. Fetus from the game Super Meat Boy in his glass jar with the tuxedo and top hat came out in 2010, whereas this story was published in 2013.
- Hel: A small character that was only given a few pages of time, but she seems like too intricate a character to be just a throwaway for some fluff and filler. I imagine she’ll have a bigger role to play in the next novels. Although I feel like I must point out that Hel the character in Norse mythology rules over a place that is also called Hel, or Helheim. In this story she says she’s the queen of Niflheim, which is just not true, and it’s honestly pissing me a little bit off, especially considering Kamachi normally takes such good care of getting things right.
- Fenrir: Like Hel, a minor character who does some decoy work far away from the real action, but I also think he’ll play a bigger role in the coming novels. Don’t have much to say about him, other than the comment about Fenrir being the one to devour Odin during Ragnarok comes off to me as a bit of foreshadowing, and if I know Kamachi right, he wouldn’t put a line like that in if it didn’t have some purpose.
- Misaka Mikoto: Finally being given the chance to help Touma, instead of Touma being the one to carry the burdens, and then she’s basically whisked away again to fight a fight far away from Touma. It’s just not fair.
- Lessar: Always fun to see more of Lessar, though her overt sexual nature does seem a little grating if you ask me. Then again, that is her primary personality trait, so I guess it comes with the territory. Still, you can’t help but think she seems a little one-dimensional when it’s all she ever thinks about or talks about.
- Index: The useless food goblin was finally useful for once. While her wealth of knowledge is only good in certain circumstances, her ability to perform Spell Intercept does come in handy in the most unusual of times. So good on her for not being a 2-ton ball and chain around Touma’s ankle this time.
Notes on the Novel As I’ve mentioned before, I’m reading these on a tablet, with an app that shows my progress in the novel in terms of percentages, and I noticed by the 25% mark that everything that had happened so far was the UN meeting and Touma’s trip to the swimsuit store. I was wondering at that point if all this fanservice was just a way for Kamachi to pad the novel length to a certain amount so that it exceeded some arbitrary threshold. I also couldn’t help but think that if each novel had its own unique title, this one could just be called “Touma and the magic fetus” because the vast majority of the novel feels like it’s just Touma fighting with Freyja while on the subway train.
|Volume ||Arc ||Page count ||Publication date |
|NT9 ||Magic God Othinus ||181 ||January 10th, 2014 |
The Story Okaaayyy, so we’re going straight into metaphysical territory right out the gate. That seems fair, given that the previous novel ended with the literal end of the world. So what happened? Well, only Touma and Othinus remain in a space of pure nothing. Pure nothing. Not even a sliver of the world remains. So what would anyone do in such a place? Touma runs. Runs like hell. But unfortunately he doesn’t get anywhere useful, as there’s nothing at all. So he returns to face Othinus, who decides to “mentally break him”, and sends him to a brand new world.
This brand new world is seemingly constructed in such a way that everyone thinks Touma is a monster for performing all the heroic feats he’s done over the last 3-4 months, and so everyone is out to get him. Waking up in a bombarded Tokyo he desperately tries to look for a place to hide and make sense of everything, all while Othinus is standing on the sideline taunting him. He even runs into Fukiyose and Aogami, who both are trying to kill him, but he manages to escape both of them. He doesn’t get much farther than that, however, as he’s soon overwhelmed by a very unexpected adversary: Komoe-sensei. And let me tell you, having the mental image of Komoe stabbing Touma with a large kitchen knife while in tears was not a pleasant thought. Needless to say, Touma remains vigilant in the face of adversity, so Othinus creates a new world, one where Kamijou Touma is a completely different person.
This second world shows a different person assuming the role of Kamijou Touma, while the real Touma can only look on from the sideline seeing all his acquaintances have a great time, without the real him. But even this does not deter Touma, even this is not enough to “mentally break” him. So Othinus continues to create new worlds wherein Touma is mercilessly beaten, killed or otherwise rendered irrelevant. But nothing seems to stick, which brings us to the final world that Othinus creates, the final world that is sure to break our dear protagonist: A realm in which everyone is happy, and everyone survives.
And this does get to him. For Othinus says that if he stays in this world, his Imagine Breaker would shatter this world of happiness, so he comes to a very quick conclusion that for the greater good, he should end his own life. But in the process of doing so, a familiar face shows up just in time to stop it. Who is this person? The Will of the Misaka Network. Haven’t seen her in a long while, so this was nice. The Will and Touma get into a fairly long philosophical discussion of reality, morality, happiness and existence itself, which ultimately leads to The Will convincing Touma that Othinus is playing a trick on him and that he should get his shit together and bring back the real world again. And so he sets out to do just that, by confronting Othinus for a final battle.
But this final battle turns out not to be so final, at least not for one of the parties. You see, it turns out that Othinus restarts this whole charade every single time Touma confronts her at this place and loses to her godly powers, but while Touma loses his memory of the previous iterations (mostly), Othinus retains hers, and so she grows mentally ancient, while Touma stays youthful and blissfully unaware of the time that has passed. This whole thing reminds me a little bit of the “Endless Eight” from Harumi Suzumiya, or the final battle in Doctor Strange: one entity relives the same events over and over and over again and becomes worn down from the ordeal.
In the end, Othinus becomes so tired of the constant fighting for literally thousands of iterations, that she slips up, and Touma manages to destroy Gungnir, and through that the artificially constructed world where everyone is happy. They return to the black nothingness where they fight one final fight where Touma gets so close to performing his Signature Punch™, but get sliced in half by the abdomen mere centimeters from his goal. In his final death rattles, he lays some truth bombs on Othinus, which makes her rethink her entire purpose and goal, and he simply asks her to make good use of the Imagine Breaker, the one thing which acts like an anchor to reality not distorted by magic. He dies… but not for long. Othinus makes the uncharacteristic decision to restore everything back to the way things were just before she ended it all, with them all standing on the ship wreckage, and Othinus about to be attacked from every single angle imaginable. But Touma being Touma, he decides to add one more powerful girl to his enormous harem and proclaims that he will defend her, even he he has to fight the whole world to do so.
New Characters There are no new characters this time around.
Recurring Characters The whole section with the happy world felt a lot like a highlight reel of every character in the past who had experienced some sort of hardship or grief, so there were A LOT of recurring characters this time, even if they only had one or two lines at the most. But as for significant recurring characters, I believe there is only one:
- The Will of the Misaka Network: Like I mentioned up above, it was nice to see this entity again, even if it was brief. I am however not a fan of her vocal tic, and I am starting to be a bit bothered by every character who has a significant vocal tic. I know The Will’s speech pattern is supposed to resemble that of a terminal or a command line, but I honestly can’t imagine this will sound good in the anime adaptation unless they give each “/return” and “/escape” a unique noise instead of literally saying the word. Setting aside the vocal tick, this entity is a very curious one, though we learn more about what makes up the entity, and perhaps what makes it tick. I even got the sense that it, like most other girls in the series, has a bit of a crush on Touma, especially considering how it behaved around him (getting up real close almost touching lips) and thinking about what it could have said to him (”please save me”). Also, is it an “it” or a “her”… or a “they”? What’s the consensus in this regard?
Notes on the Novel To be honest, I am never a big fan of the kinds of stories where reality is coming into question. Like “what is real?” and “is what I’m currently experiencing real?” and something to that effect. As a person who thinks of reality as a very grounded and tangible thing, questioning reality itself just gives me the heebie-jeebies. Though realizing that there is only one truth, and that truth is “I think, therefore I am”, everything beyond that is open to interpretation, so I cannot fault Kamachi for using it in Toaru. And I also believe that if you were fighting against an actual god, destroying, rebuilding, reshaping, and morphing reality would definitely be one of the primary tools of their trade. Still, not a fan. Also why I don’t like episodes of Star Trek or Stargate where they make people experience a whole bunch of crap inside their head while in reality only a few seconds pass by. It’s mental torture, and can seriously warp a person’s perception of reality. It’s probably why I like Star Wars more than the other “Star” franchises, as that franchise doesn’t mess with alternate realities and criss-crossing timelines and the like.
I do also believe that this novel is the first time, or at least one of the few times, that the movie Miracle of Endymion is referenced, with Arisa and the loli director being mentioned in the background during the aforementioned “highlight reel”. And yeah, you really need to have paid attention in the whole series if you had to get all the references thrown at you in this section. I will say, however, that Kamachi would had a perfect opportunity here to include Saten in the background, a mere name-drop would have sufficed, and no one would have batted an eye, but he didn’t.
With Touma now protecting Othinus instead of battling her, I wonder what’s going to happen in the third and final chapter of this epic.
|Volume ||Arc ||Page count ||Publication date |
|NT10 ||Magic God Othinus ||229 ||May 10th, 2014 |
The Story Let me preface this bit here by saying that I am a Dane, born and raised and has spent my entire life in Denmark. So it may not come as much of a surprise to you that I was a bit flabbergasted when I opened up this novel and one of the first things I saw was a photograph of Egeskov Castle and a map of Denmark. Now, I had already gathered from the Wiki that Denmark would play some role in the story, but I was not aware in what capacity, and when it would happen. But it turns out that all of NT10 apparently takes place in my home country. In multiple cities no less. Most of which I’ve been to. It was honestly a bit surreal to read. But nevertheless a hell of a lot of fun.
The story starts with Touma and Othinus teleporting to the northern part of Denmark, to an empty field just outside a fairly sized town called Hjørring. Othinus has explained that in order to stop the spell that Ollerus attacked her with, she must reduce her strength from Magic God back to human form, and doing so requires that she retrieves her eye from a lake on Funen, in particular, the lake next to Egeskov Castle. So they start trekking down from Hjørring to Odense, but on their way they run into multiple obstacles in the form of basically all of Touma’s former opponents, one after the other, trying to stop or outright kill him and Othinus.
And the first obstacle is not pulling any punches: it’s quite literally an orbital strike that glasses a handful of fields outside Hjørring quickly followed by one of Touma’s earliest adversaries: Accelerator. However, even though Accelerator is using his overpowered white wings, Touma is being quick about neutralizing him (almost like he’s done it a few times before), and they don’t see any other opponents for a while and move on some more.
They encounter their next opponent in Aalborg: the Roman Catholic Church forces, led by Agnese, who Touma doesn’t defeat in the old fashioned way, but convinces her that he’s helping Othinus for a good reason, and she gives him the benefit of the doubt and lets them through.
Their third opponent is the Russian Orthodox Church, with the familiar faces of Vasilisa and Sasha greeting the pair near Støvring. They toss a walkie-talkie to Touma, and he speaks with a Russian clergyman on the other end who uses a spell on him which reduces his strength based on the seven deadly sins, but Touma outsmarts him and turns the spell back on him, and the two nuns let them go, only for Touma to be knocked unconscious straight away by the fourth opponent, or opponents:
Knight Leader, William Orwell, Carissa and Kanzaki, the four strongest people in all of Britain, flying on a giant fish-like structure (why a fish, though? That still puzzles me) 1500 meters in the air, leaving Touma and Othinus with no way of escaping, but Touma uses Kanzaki’s desire to save everyone to convince her that there is a way to save the world and Othinus without killing her, thereby getting Kanzaki back on his side so she can hold back the others.
Moving on, Touma and Othinus run into their fifth obstacle: Marian Slingeneyer. and she. Is. Piiiiiissed. Pissed enough to actually use the magical sword she was threatening to use in Baggage City, calling upon every doomsday scenario from every religion and mythology she could imagine. And the fight is truly intense but Touma manages to smash the sword, and defeat Marian. The drum-shaped girl comes along and picks up Marian and rolls her away, leaving Touma and Othinus to continue their journey to the lake.
They reach Billund (a town which I’ve been to many many times and know quite a bit), where they face the sixth opponent and Touma’s greatest adversary of all: A unit of soldiers. They swiftly subdue the two of them, and take them into custody where Touma gets a chance to talk to the US president over the phone, where he convinces the president to stand down and let them through.
The ceasefire turns out to be very brief, as the seventh opponents land on the scene not too many moments later: Academy City’s army of Five_Over murderbots, specifically the Railgun variety. So they turn tail because that shit is pure insanity to go up against as mere mortals. They run through the nearby forest, but cannot escape them. However, before they are both turned into Swiss cheese by the pursuing death machines, they stop dead in their tracks as they’re hacked by opponent number eight.
Misaka Mikoto, one of Touma’s oldest acquaintances (post-memory loss), and certified Best Girl™, shows up to save him from getting turned into a fine paste. But that’s where Touma’s luck runs out, because she’s still going to kick his ass. They fight and it almost seems like Touma is victorious as usual, but this time, Mikoto gets properly angry at him after he explains why he decided to help Othinus seemingly out of nowhere. She lays some really strong truth bombs on him similar to what The Will did in the previous story, and it takes him by surprise just long enough for her to beat him literally with her fists, no electricity at all. And finally, at long last, she gets that bloody win she’s been yearning for for so long, even though she admits it wasn’t quite what she had imagined it would be. And can I just say that this image here is just gorgeous? Hits in just the right way for me. So beautiful.
Touma wakes up from the defeat, and Mikoto lets him pass, and she holds back the remaining Five_Over murderbots. Touma and Othinus hitch a ride in a tank, which they promptly drive straight into the harbor of Fredericia. They make their way to… “the bridge” which I can only assume based on the description in the novel is the old Little Belt Bridge, seeing as it has railroad tracks, while the new Little Belt Bridge is host to the E20 highway, and little else. And although the name may suggest it as being a new construction, the new bridge has existed since 1970, so Kamachi really doesn’t have much of an excuse not to at least mention it. On this bridge they find their ninth opponent: an unusual pair of Birdway and Index working together to try and increase Birdway’s strength to rival that of a Magic God. But Touma makes very quick work of this display by interrupting Index’s singing which supplies Birdway with Grimoire knowledge. They’re quickly defeated, and convinced that Othinus can be defeated through other means than just killing her.
They move on to Odense, the third largest city in Denmark, where they face the tenth opponent which doesn’t end up being easy whatsoever: Silvia and Brunhild. In fact, while Touma has received his fair share of bruises so far, nothing compares to what he ends up having done to him at this stage. Silvia is relentless, ruthless, and doesn’t hold back. With the power of a Saint she basically turns him into a bloody red pulp, and he is only saved by having Ollerus come in at the last second, redirecting the attacks of both Silvia and Brunhild against each other, knocking each other out in the process.
Beaten, battered, bruised beyond recognition, they limp the rest of the way to Egeskov Castle, where they stumble into the tenth and final obstacle between them and the eye in the lake: Thor. And Thor proves to be nigh-unbeatable thanks to his one trick of always teleporting (or rather moving he Earth around him, which is not a remotely original idea, btw.) himself into an always-winning position. Touma tricks him into stepping in front of a train, however, so he is still ultimately defeated. Which leaves just one last thing left to do…
But as luck would have it, it’s never quite that easy, is it? Othinus has witnessed all this hardship that Touma has gone through just to protect her and decided that no, it’s not fair, and she shouldn’t be protected like this, so she uses her Magic God powers to summon the giant crossbow from the last story and reactivates the spell Ollerus put on her, which destroys her from the inside. Touma makes a last ditch effort and at the last second reaches her and destroys the spell, but not before it’s too late and Othinus starts withering away… Meanwhile, every television screen on the whole bloody planet is receiving a live feed from this spectacle, and the US president asks everyone if they have it in their heart to forgive what has been previously been considered an unforgivable monster.
Touma wakes up back in the Academy City hospital with the frog faced doctor and much to his surprise, Othinus is alive! But… she’s only 15 cm tall now.
What. The fuck.
- Ingrid Martin: This is about the only character introduced in this novel with an actual name, and even some lines. But outside of her very brief role as the American black-ops soldier that actually won the fight she had with Touma, there’s not really all that much to say about her. She did a good job. Kudos. She’s still not very good at her job though if Lessar of all people can sneak up on her unnoticed.
Recurring Characters Oh boy where to start? This time, it’s basically a “greatest hits” album of Touma’s opponents from the past. Accelerator, Mikoto, Kanzaki, Birdway, Thor and so on. But since most of them are pretty much the same since we saw them the last time, and they don’t seem to grow all that much as characters, there’s really only one character I have any additional commentary on:
- Misaka Mikoto: The character dynamic between Mikoto and Touma has always been interesting to me, ever since OT3 (Sisters), or even the Railgun anime (which was my introduction to the franchise). Their relationship, as one-sided as it may seem, has always been one I have rooted for. It is one of the longest, and also one of the strongest bonds Touma has made over the course of this insanely long story, and it makes me happy to see that it’s still growing, even if it might never become what Mikoto really wants it to be. Her victory over Touma, even if she admitted it was a bit hollow, still seemed like an important milestone in their relationship, at the very least to her, but possibly also to him, as her speech to him about reality and perspective seemed to resonate with him, allowing her to get in the finishing blow. I hope Kamachi actually does something useful with this relationship in the future, though time will tell if that actually happens.
Notes on the Novel Oh boy, where do I start? Firstly, as I mentioned in the beginning, I’m from Denmark, and I know quite a lot about the places described in this novel, or have friends who know about them, and while Kamachi does a decent job of representing my country, he does also get a LOT of things wrong. Firstly, he mentions that most of our cities are made of stone and brick buildings that are 500 years old. That is not even remotely the case. If buildings end up being that old, they’re either castles or protected buildings which are part of museums or “old town squares”, like “Den Gamle By” (translated: The Old Town) in Aarhus. Most cities, especially the big cities of today look way more modern. Take “Virgin Anne’s Street” as mentioned in the novel, it looks like this. Another error he makes is that it almost never snows in Denmark, at least not in the ridiculous volumes described in this novel. Now granted, he does save some points by mentioning that snow is rare here about 72% into the novel, but I still wanted to mention this in case anyone got any wrong ideas about Denmark being a winter wonderland. Another error he makes is that he says Denmark sits “only 150 meters above sealevel”. Bitch, our tallest point in the entire country is called Møllehøj, and it’s only 170 m above sea level. According to Wikipedia, our average height above sea level is a poor 31 meters. I’m flattered you think we’re taller than that, but really we’re not. He does get the fact right that Denmark is very flat, though. Also, Aalborg Tower, while it exists, is not even close to being a 100 meters tall. It’s 55 meters tall, and it looks like this. Lastly, and this is probably the silliest error of them all… we don’t have bears in Denmark. I have no clue where he got that idea from, but it’s far removed from reality.
As for the actual story, like Kamachi himself says in his Afterword: this was a “boss rush” style story this time around, or as I called it, a “greatest hits” album, with many familiar faces showing up to give it their all one more time to stop someone they have considered an ally in the past. It’s a much simpler story than the last one, with a lot less philosophy about reality and morality, and more just good old fashioned clashing of wills, and supernatural powers on display. I liked the setup, though it did end up feeling a bit formulaic at the end. You can see how long the novel is, you can sort of guess who the next opponent in line is based on the chapter name, and you can almost always predict the outcome of the fight based on their previous encounters. Of course each time Touma had to be clever about it, but that’s what he always is, and how he’s managed to survive this long, so there’s not really that much of a surprise there. And he’s been beaten to near unrecognizable states before, so it’s also not much of a surprise that he gets away with most of these beatings without much of consequence, thanks to the miracle medicines at the frog doctor’s hospital. Still, while it was formulaic, it was nice to see that Kamachi hadn’t completely forgotten most of the pre-established characters from the old series, and that he can use them for something interesting every once in a while, so kudos on that.
I figured I could start this series back up around this time again seeing as the events of the novels take place roughly around the same time of the year as the time we’re currently in right now. On the Toaru wiki it says that this arc takes place in Late November, which I think the 25th is a pretty good candidate for. Today also marks the two year anniversary of my original series of essays that I wrote about the Old Testament novels back in the day. If any newcomers find this style of essay interesting, you could try and read those and discover the humble beginnings of this series.
I hope the wait has been worth it. I certainly had my fun jumping back into the series with this titan of an arc.
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6
submitted by DarthSatoris
to toarumajutsunoindex [link] [comments]
2020.11.25 16:36 linmanfu Very cheap, upgradable PC for memory- and CPU-bound games
What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.
I will use this PC for three purposes:
- Everyday tasks (e-mail, Spotify, watching YouTube, word processing, etc.).
- Playing Simutrans, the open-source transport simulator. This is not like other games because it mostly handles its graphics through the CPU, not the GPU. Multiplayer games need 10GB+ of RAM and thrash through it intensively, so the game is limited by memory bandwidth. At the moment I play on a cloud VM (Ryzen 1400 @ 50% usage; RX480 @ 1%; 10GB RAM @ 100% + pagefile) and get ~15fps - when the game hasn't frozen completely. I would like to at least match that performance. I also make mods for the game using VS Code, Blender, etc., but I'm used to taking a tea break while things compile/render and expect that to continue!
- Playing Paradox grand-strategy and simulation games (CK2, EU4, V2, HoI4, Cities:Skylines) and Rugby League Team Manager 3. On my ancient laptop, these mostly run at speed 1 and 8-10 fps at lowest graphics settings. Any improvement on that would be great: not so much the graphics, but more memory for Skylines (it currently uses ~10GB of pagefile!). But I hope to buy CK3 next year, which is more demanding on the graphics side.
What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?
- I am looking in the £400 ballpark (including VAT, as is standard in the UK). I guess I could go up to £500, but I would strongly prefer to buy something cheaper now and upgrade over time.
- I know it would be better to wait until I have more money, but my laptop's hinge has stuck open, so its end is nigh. TT
When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.
- I will see what PCs are available on Cyber Monday. If I can't find anything suitable, then I'd try to get the courage to build something next week.
What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (ToweOS/monitokeyboard/mouse/etc)
- I need a tower unit and all the hardware that goes inside it.
Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?
If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.
- I will definitely re-use my bog-standard USB wired keyboard, wired mouse & 1080P monitor (HDMI).
- I currently use a year-old 2.5" 250GB SATA SSD to power my laptop. I could move it to the new PC but it's only just big enough for Ubuntu and all my data files, plus I would lose the laptop. But beggars can't be choosers....
Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?
- If I can get the parts to perform better for the same price, then great! But obviously it's a bonus, not a necessity.
Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)
- Definitely want SSD (see above).
- I don't mind if this PC is only just enough to run Simutrans and hopefully CK3 for now. But I really, really want to treat it like Trigger's broom and upgrade everything with second-hand parts over the course of the next decade. Obviously I can't afford the best CPUs of 2020 now.... but maybe in 2026 I'll get one of them on Ebay.
Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-towefull-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?
- The case must be able to fit in this space: H 430mm x W 240mm x D 380mm. There are wooden panels to the top, bottom and sides, so any connections outside those measurements must be in front or behind.
- I don't want anything flash; the most boring black case is fine so long as it works.
Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?
- This PC will run Ubuntu (my cloud VM has Windows when I need it).
- But it's possible I might need Windows for work in the future. So the PC needs space where I could add a second SSD (since Windows hates being installed to a disk that already has Linux).
Extra info or particulars:
- Second-hand parts are OK.
- Please don't forget that I care more about memory & CPU than graphics. :-)
submitted by linmanfu
to buildapcforme [link] [comments]
2020.11.25 15:26 LuckyCatastrophe What is your “Love Language”?
Wikipedia for “Love Languages”
Hi guys. I’ve known for a long time that my Love Language is Gift Giving. When I first started dating PiranhaGuy I had a pathological need to give him the best gift for any occasion.
We’ve been together for 9 years so as confidence in the relationship grew the like crazy need to be The Best Gift Giver relaxed some, but it’s still my primary expression of love.
PiranhaGuy definitely does not have that as his primary love language. I would say his is more Acts of Service, so doing the vacuuming because he knows I hate to do it, going above and beyond in situations like when my mom’s car was totaled and we needed a ride to the dealership etc. View Poll
submitted by LuckyCatastrophe
to groupthink [link] [comments]
2020.11.25 15:00 DodgerBot Daily Chat 11/25 ⚾ Offseason
Daily Chat - Offseason
Welcome to day 29
of the offseason, champs! Only 94 days
until the Dodgers' first Spring Training game of 2021! Wiki Article of the Day: Historic Dodgertown - Wikipedia
MLB Important Dates
- Dec. 7, 2020: Roberto Clemente Award winner announced (2 p.m. ET, MLB Network)
- Dec. 8, 2020: Hank Aaron Award winners announced (2 p.m. ET, MLB Network)
- Dec. 9, 2020: All-MLB Team announced (7 p.m. ET, MLB Network)
- What animal or plant do you think should be renamed?
- What’s the best location to fully enjoy a good cup of coffee?
- What would be the best thing you could reasonably expect to find in a cave?
Have a great day, dodgers
submitted by DodgerBot
to Dodgers [link] [comments]
2020.11.25 12:00 IBiggumsI [Rewatch 2020] Season 2 Episode 01 - "My Little Sister Can't Come Back Home Again"
|Season 2 Episode 01 - "My Little Sister Can't Come Back Home Again" |
- While Kirino organizes things with school and friends following her return from America, Kyosuke grows concerned that she might start ignoring him again due to the way he forced her to come back. At the same time, he struggles to find the meaning behind the kiss Ruri gave him when he went to retrieve her. Later, Kirino once again calls upon Kyosuke for life consultation, having him take her to Akihabara to watch a trailer for the next Meruru season before engaging in a long-missed shopping expedition she spent the entire night planning. As thanks for his help, and to celebrate a year of life consultation, Kirino gives one of her eroge purchases to Kyosuke to play. Source
If you prefer a real time conversation, you can join our rewatch channel on Discord.
- Don't start any fights, everyone has their own opinion and this is what makes a rewatch fun.
- Leave memes etc. out of the discussion.
- No foreshadowing/hinting. Discussions are limited to everything that happened up until the most recent episode. If you really need to point something out, please make use of the spoiler tag, but avoid walls of text: Example:
>!Secret stuff!< = Secret stuff
- We encourage to post screenshots of your favourite scenes but avoid any ambiguous and questionable images.
- Don't post links to third party streaming sites.
submitted by IBiggumsI
to Oreimo [link] [comments]
2020.11.25 10:52 themynameisjeffboy Dedicated Cinemasins wiki work
It bother me that there's no dedicated wiki for the videos.
There did used to be a Wikipedia page for the list of CinemaSins videos, but that page has been deleted.
An actual wiki does exist here
, which has transcripts for a few videos, but there seems to be like one guy who does it on and off.
If the NostalgiaCritic can have a dedicated wiki with full transcripts for a lot of their video, then I think CinemaSins should have one too with:
- Pages for every video with full transcripts, errors in the video or the sins, their availability, release date, and sin count
- Pages for recurring sins and their usage in different videos (apple = asshole, cliches, sighing, logos, Comcast, DC Comics, Prometheus School of Running Away From Things and all affiliated places of education, that's not how X works, that's racist, narration...)
- Pages for the movies themselves, listing if they have been sinned, or have been mentioned in a sins video
submitted by themynameisjeffboy
to CinemaSins [link] [comments]
2020.11.25 09:37 Onlydinosaurs-Pro 22 Interesting Dinosaur Questions
Dinosaurs are both scary and lovely. We have so many curiosities about these prehistoric rulers of the earth. This is for dinosaur fans who are interesting in searching for the truth about dinosaur questions.
Let’s dive into some of the interesting questions that you may like to know.
1. How far can a dinosaur smell? T. rex had an amazing sense of smell, gene study suggests
: Talk about inhaling your food, the iconic predator Tyrannosaurus rex and its kin had some of the keenest senses of smell among all extinct dinosaurs, a new study finds. Sense of Smell in Dinosaurs
: This brainy study of 20 species of meat-eating dinosaurs shows a large range of the sense of smell in these dinosaurs, which may have been related to behaviors such as feeding or activity timing.
2. How is dinosaur visual sense? Dinosaur vision
: Dinosaur vision was, in general, better than the vision of most other reptiles, although vision varied between dinosaur species.
3. How did dinosaur sleep? How Did Dinosaurs Sleep?
For one thing, we don’t know much at all about how dinosaurs slept. Did Apatosaurus doze standing up or kneel down to rest?
4. How to weigh a dinosaur? How do you weigh a dinosaur?
There are two ways, and it turns out they’re both right: One option is to reconstruct what the animal might have looked like. The second approach is to measure certain key bone parameters and insert these measurements into scaling equations derived from animals alive today. How to weigh a dinosaur
: Plenty of methods are available to palaeontologists trying to work out the mass of an extinct animal, and they are getting better How to weigh dinosaurs with lasers
: The dinosaur’s flesh has long decayed, Bill Sellers from the University of Manchester has developed a new way, by laser-scanning the skeleton, and wrapping skin around its virtual bones to reconstruct its physique and estimate its weight.
5. How did dinosaurs get so big? How did dinosaurs get so big?
Dinosaurs came in many shapes and sizes, and so did their babies. The smallest eggs found were just a few centimeters long.
6. How Do Dinosaurs Get Their Names? How Do Dinosaurs Get Their Names?
Dino names can be mixtures of Greek or Latin words that describe physical features. Or they can be named after the location where scientists discovered the ancient reptile’s fossils.
7. What's the world's largest dinosaur? What’s the world’s largest dinosaur?
The battle for the title of the world’s largest dinosaur is complicated. Here’s why: Paleontologists rarely discover an entire skeleton.
8. What's the world's smallest dinosaur? What’s the world’s smallest dinosaur?
The world’s smallest dinosaur has been found, a two-inch bird-like creature that “looks like it just died yesterday.” The bird-like dinosaur was found encased in Burmese amber in 2016 and likely lived in Myanmar 100 million years ago.
9. Who ruled the world before dinosaurs? Who ruled the world before dinosaurs?
Who ruled Earth before the dinosaurs? The ‘ugliest fossil reptiles’: Before the dinosaurs succeeded to the throne, a group of prehistoric reptiles reigned over the Earth.
10. When mammals ate dinosaurs When Mammals Ate Dinosaurs
: Dinosaurs were not invulnerable consumers. Even the biggest and fiercest dinosaurs were food sources for other organisms.
11. Why did the dinosaurs die? why did the dinosaurs die?
We know that dinosaurs ruled the Earth for about 180 million years. Then, around 66 million years ago, a huge rock from outer space (called an asteroid) smashed into the Earth.
12. How many babies can a dinosaur have? 10 Facts About Dinosaur Eggs
: As far as paleontologists can tell, female dinosaurs laid anywhere from a handful (three to five) to a whole clutch of eggs (15 to 20) at a single sitting, depending on the genus and species.
13. What do we know about dinosaur eggs? What do we know about dinosaur eggs?
Dinosaur eggs can shed light on the creatures’ evolution, behavior, and how they went extinct. Here are six things we have learned from dinosaur eggs—and from the occasional lucky embryo.
14. What did dinosaurs eat? Dinosaur diet and feeding
: Dinosaur diets and feeding behavior varied widely throughout the clade, including carnivorous, herbivorous, and omnivorous forms. Scientists discover what an armored dinosaur ate for its last meal
: The finding of the actual preserved stomach contents from a dinosaur is extraordinarily rare, and this is by far the best-preserved dinosaur stomach ever found to date How do scientists know what dinosaurs ate without looking at their teeth?
Coprolites, or fossil “poop”, are one way that paleontologists try to understand; Scientists can also reconstruct entire skeletons from some fossils.
15. Can dinosaur swim? Were Dinosaurs Able to Swim?
As you can guess, one of the problems with proving that dinosaurs could swim is that the act of swimming, by definition, leaves no fossil evidence. Could Dinosaurs Swim?
Whether a team of dinosaurs could win an Olympic relay race is up for debate. But they wouldn’t be afraid to jump in the water. This is the only known swimming dinosaur
: A study shows that the 15-meter-long Spinosaurus had adaptations to life both in the water and on land, suggesting that the fierce beast was more of a danger to fish than to any terrestrial creature. New Study Shows Dinosaurs Could Swim
: Spinosaurus, a meat-eating dinosaur bigger than Tyrannosaurus rex, was built for water and preferred swimming to walking, a new study says.
16. Are birds are dinosaurs? Are birds are dinosaurs?
Modern birds can trace their origins to theropods, a branch of mostly meat-eaters on the dinosaur family tree. Birds and dinosaurs – the debate is over
: The fossils of two new species of dinosaurs have been discovered in China – dinosaurs with feathers. How Dinosaurs Shrank and Became Birds
: Modern birds appeared to emerge in a snap of evolutionary time. But new research illuminates the long series of evolutionary changes that made the transformation possible
17. Oviraptor really an egg thief? Oviraptor really an egg thief?
As its name suggests, Oviraptor was originally presumed to have eaten eggs, because its fossils were discovered with fossilized eggs or nests. It was hypothesized that the toothless beak would have been conducive to breaking open the shells of eggs.
18. How about the day dinosaur die? The day the dinosaur die
: A young paleontologist may have discovered a record of the most significant event in the history of life on Earth.
19. What did dinosaur taste like? What did dinosaur taste like?
There is surely no steak rarer than that which has been cut from a creature that has not walked this Earth in the past 65 million years. Ever wonder what dinosaur meat tasted like? Try eating this bird
: Humans never walked the Earth alongside dinosaurs — but if we had, undoubtedly we would have tried to barbeque a velociraptor. Or perhaps oven roast some T. rex.
20. Did the velociraptors have feathers? Did the velociraptors have feathers?
In the time between Jurassic Park and Jurassic World coming out, scientists made a lot of new discoveries about dinosaurs. Our ideas about what they might have looked like changed a lot.
21. Jurassic Park's Dinosaurs: How Realistic Were They? Jurassic Park’s Dinosaurs: How Realistic Were They?
On June 11, 1993, Steven Spielberg’s summer blockbuster Jurassic Park opened, enthralling and terrifying moviegoers around the world. But how scientifically accurate was the film in bringing long-extinct creatures such as the T. rex, Brachiosaurus and Triceratops to life onscreen?
22. Dinosaurs back to life? Is It Possible to Clone a Dinosaur?
Researchers have never recovered dinosaur DNA, which is necessary for cloning. But, intriguingly, they have found fragments of mystery DNA in dinosaur bone, experts told Live Science. Could scientists bring dinosaurs back to life?
Is it possible to bring these long-gone reptiles back from the dead and, if we could, would we really want to?
Dinosaur Questions - Conclusion
There are so many things we don’t know about dinosaurs. But it won’t affect our love of these large species.
We have many methods of recovery dinosaurs. Such as animated movies, animatronic models
, dinosaur theme park. Maybe one day they will come back to life and live with humans as other animals.
If there any questions you want to know or brilliant ideas you want to share, leave your message below. We’ll be happy to discuss more details.
submitted by Onlydinosaurs-Pro
to u/Onlydinosaurs-Pro [link] [comments]